WAG This is me saying goodbye to compulsory music....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Congratulations, but don't get too cocky. That music just waits to hit you in optionals (usually at 2 gym set meets when compulsories is competing at the same time as optionals). Get ready for some ptsd when you least expect it. :p:eek::cool:

LOL! I have to agree. I have a boy gymnast, and I can sing the compulsary music with the best of them....pretty sure I can talk you through the routine too

Congratulations, but don't get too cocky. That music just waits to hit you in optionals (usually at 2 gym set meets when compulsories is competing at the same time as optionals). Get ready for some ptsd when you least expect it. :p:eek::cool:
Oh I know I haven't completely escaped it and I will still have to hear it from time to time, including our 2 in house things, But it's now the exception, not the rule, :D:p

Up to level 5 the girls have a set routine to set music so the whole meet you will hear the same music played over and over again. The parents do get a little tired of it.
But... Your gym can choose the piano version, the violin version, or the other version, lol.
For our next meet, I get to sit thru 3 sessions of level 3 (all in one day). The other day is 2 sessions of level 4 (but I think one will be mixed with Xcel Gold - more Gold than L4), a session of level 5 mixed with level 6, and a session with no compulsory music!!!

Oh my I think I would go mad, now I understand why you are glad to get rid of it and yes if we have a club who uses one piece of music for their whole team we think that's annoying enough!
So glad all our girls get individual music which our coaches also match to their personalities / gymnastic style.

Lucky!
We had a meet this weekend (L4) and the girls stayed to watch some of our optionals in the next sessions. There was a second L4 session on the other half of the gym and even the girls were like "nooooo!!! I don't want to hear it any more!!"
i know - when you move on and walk into a meet and one of the lower levels is on floor you want to run screaming from the building. lol

Congratulations. Perhaps you'll now have to deal with the never ending "what do you think of this floor music?" questions like I'm getting these days. It's very endearing...most of the time :)

We have always had an optional season, with IGC (though now that they are optionals they don't do IGC). Coaches like compulsory for skills, IGC to get them used to optionals. So floor music and routine is done. Needs some tweaking to meet L6 requirements and that happens tomorrow.:cool::)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back