WAG this is mislabled but it is coaches learning new level 3 routine

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think you all look awesome :) I actually think that routine is rather nice. I hadn't seen it before.

These people are pretty serious about it too, which I can appreciate. I always do my "fake split" and just kind of roll around on the floor like a whale when I demonstrate that part. Also, I legitimately have not figured out yet how to properly execute a "sequential fall", and therefore have not attempted to teach it, but I look forward to making fun of it for years to come. Sequential fall is the new curved run and 225* turn to stand. I am sure we will see many interesting variations.

Gymdog,
After reading you for a couple years just have to say, I love you so much! "Sequential fall is the new curved run". Bwahahaahaha!!!

My DD learned this routine this week, but we had not heard the music yet. Wow.....it's kind of horrendous. LOL I'll have to show this to her tomorrow.

I will take the L3 music over the L5 any day. L5 music is truly horrifying - which is a shame because the routine itself looks good.

Gymdog,
After reading you for a couple years just have to say, I love you so much! "Sequential fall is the new curved run". Bwahahaahaha!!!

Oh I'm not really joking. I'm not the most graceful of people and my sequential fall more closely resembles a "sequential plop."

Seriously, I'm pretty sure there is some trick I'm missing?

There are 3 options of the music... basically just different instruments playing the same music. The day Coach got the cd in the mail, she played it for the girls :)

the fall is going to be a dogs dinner most of the time. Can't wait to see some of those. I hate the routine and the music for this one. The level 4 one is better.

Was this in Florida? My daughters coach went to Orlando in the beginning of the summer to learn the new routines for all the compulsory levels

Sent from my iPhone using ChalkBucket mobile app

No. Orlando had like 1600 coaches and judges learning the routines. This is a separate clinic that NC offered.

Oh. My. Goodness. The music is horrific. This version sounds like fake renaissance music from a poorly produced video game soundtrack. I found another video with the other version and it sounds like a bad commercial for taco sauce. And what is with all the crazy tempo changes? How are the kids supposed to be able to count?

And what is with all the crazy tempo changes? How are the kids supposed to be able to count?

This is probably part of our problem, but the concept of "counts" is hopelessly lost on gymnastics in general. They tried putting the counts with the last compulsory materials but I'm pretty most people didn't know "what those numbers were" and the rest of us were too rhythmically challenged to implement them successfully. I've seen a couple gyms use them with success, but those were mostly people with a dance background I guess, or a more advanced brain.

This is probably part of our problem, but the concept of "counts" is hopelessly lost on gymnastics in general. They tried putting the counts with the last compulsory materials but I'm pretty most people didn't know "what those numbers were" and the rest of us were too rhythmically challenged to implement them successfully. I've seen a couple gyms use them with success, but those were mostly people with a dance background I guess, or a more advanced brain.

Maybe it is the music that is rhythmically challenged, not the people?

Maybe it is the music that is rhythmically challenged, not the people?

Well I mean...it's possible, but that's really just another part of it. I would say it's fairly safe to assume that your average gymnastics coach either doesn't care or doesn't know how to teach the routines to an 8-count. There are some exceptions. But if you just pointed out a random person and told me to guess, I'd probably go with no. Also, we generally don't seem to really know or care if our music goes to an 8 count...I'm gonna go with no based on the direction of this discussion, but that's the best I can do.

Source: the practice floor of the national compulsory clinic.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back