This is so unfair!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flips123

Gymnast
UGGHH!So on December 5th I compete at the biggest meet this year(Bigger than state) with 27 other teams from 4 states.Luckily it's in the state where I live.But here's the catch, my older sister got tickets to see the Broadway musical Wicked for her 17th birthday.....on December 5th just 2 hours after I start competing......She got 4 originally for the whole family to go but we have already desided that Im going to be competing.Were still trying to figure out all the bugs,but I really want someone there while I'm competing!My sister says it's not fair because she is going to college next year and she wants both of our parents with her but I dont want to be alone at my competition!!Sorry this is just a rant and we will have to figure it out.....:(

I suggest one parent goes to each event. How about you draw straws for it. We often split up so all the kids hava a parent about. The tough thing for us is that we have three kids, sometimes someone has to be let down gently.

Alternatively can you find a good friend to go with?

My brother was a swimmer while I was a gymnast, so our seasons overlapped. I was really lucky and only had to attend one meet without a parent, but it really wasn't that bad. I went with a close friend on my team and the other parents were really supportive. So, I'm sure that if you do need to go alone, it will turn out okay.
Talk it over with your sister and your parents, I'm sure you can find someway to work things out that makes everyone happy. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back