This made my week (sorta gross, about a rip)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kgymn

Gymnast
Ok so this is a little gross- about rips- but y'all can handle it being gymnasts.

Last night I got a rip on my hand. A decent sized one, too, one where the skin didn't tear completely off (which happens often, as I just right off the bar the moment I feel them happen.) I couldn't bare to tear/bite/cut the flap of skin off and remembered the last time, that the part I didn't get off felt better than the rest of the rip soooo....

I put the darn flap of skin right back where it belongs! I pressed it down where it came from, then rinsed it off letting the water run under the flap.

The water stung a little, and peeling the skin off of where it was before I put it back in place stung a little- other than that IT HASN'T HURT! It just started to now, cause my fingers are swelling and I took a ring off that hand which pulled at the skin.

WOAH goodness I wish I had realized this sooner! The only reason gymnasts tear the skin off, is cause usually they have to go right back up on the bars and it's going to tear off anyways. But being an adult in a more open gym type class, I get to choose if and when I go on bars, so I have the choice to just not do it till my hand heals.

Other than the skin there looking discolored (cause the layer that peeled off is dead at this point) and a small part where it didn't line up right and looks like a cut, I can hardly tell I ripped! The flap of skin actually is stuck in place where I put it, and I'm pretty sure it's going to stay stuck until the layer underneath has healed to the point where it doesn't need to be covered anymore.

So yay for a virtually pain free rip.

~Katy

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back