This sucks

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You might want to check Arizona numbers again...they are climbing pretty fast. I am hoping they don't shut everything down again.
Numbers are going to climb very fast everywhere once things open, but I don’t think things will shut down again. Things might lessen in terms of girls allowed in gyms at one time and lowering of hours, but I don’t think things will close again. Won’t go into my reasons why, because we aren’t supposed to talk stuff other than gymnastics here. FWIW we don’t live in Arizona.

Some perspective- while it sucks to keep your kids out, they will have a place to return to when you feel comfortable and safe. Their gym home will be there.

We were informed Monday our gym is shutting for good, we have been there 9 years. Some have been there 13 years. Such sadness and heartbreak does not even describe it....picking up the pieces in this mess even harder .....we are not even in phase 2 yet.....

We were informed Monday our gym is shutting for good, we have been there 9 years. Some have been there 13 years. Such sadness and heartbreak does not even describe it....picking up the pieces in this mess even harder .....we are not even in phase 2 yet.....
Oh, no! I'm so sorry- that is terrible.

This is so sad. How terrible for the owners, gymnasts and staff. I imagine it is sad for the parents too, as friendships build up over so many years.

I am sorry to hear about your gym closing. How awful for the owner’s, coaches and of course all the gymnasts who see it as their second home. I hope that not too many other gyms suffer the same fate.

Some perspective- while it sucks to keep your kids out, they will have a place to return to when you feel comfortable and safe. Their gym home will be there.

I'm so sorry to hear about your gym :( The last list I saw on FB was at the beginning of May and it already had over 2 dozen gym clubs that had closed their doors on the list. It's definitely going to be a rough year :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sorry for the owners, coaches, gymnasts and families. That is my fear - that without rec classes (which bring in the big numbers and $, many gyms may not make it). I just heard that a gym from my youth in MD had to shut their doors. So sad. :-(

@Tigtimes I am so terribly sorry. I am afraid our gym may suffer the same fate. They are desperate right now. They are training team girls who are willing to come and pay, but cannot open to rec yet and honestly I think it will be a very long time before they will be able to. And we all know a gym can't survive on team girls alone. They are doing fundraisers, but I just don't know if it will be enough. :( I just can't believe this is happening.

This article pretty much sums up how I feel about gyms, and everything else, reopening right now.

I agree, but not to the degree of locking back down completely again. My son will still go to gym, but I think some things are going to be pulled back a bit. We are chatting about things today. Our state is still doing well, and the majority of people are following the guidelines, so that helps.

This article pretty much sums up how I feel about gyms, and everything else, reopening right now.

I'm similar but don't have any hesitation sending my daughter to the gym. They are being hyper vigilant about keeping everyone safe and I'm comfortable in places where people are following safety measures. We aren't eating in restaurants or attending larger gatherings because those are outside my comfort zone. My frustration is just with people refusing to follow safety guidelines because they're tired of it or mad. Our state is trending down and has been for a while. However, I just wish people were doing everything they could to keep the numbers down and not going around acting like we conquered the virus and it will never come back.

I'm similar but don't have any hesitation sending my daughter to the gym. They are being hyper vigilant about keeping everyone safe and I'm comfortable in places where people are following safety measures. We aren't eating in restaurants or attending larger gatherings because those are outside my comfort zone. My frustration is just with people refusing to follow safety guidelines because they're tired of it or mad. Our state is trending down and has been for a while. However, I just wish people were doing everything they could to keep the numbers down and not going around acting like we conquered the virus and it will never come back.
I could agree with this if it weren’t for recent activities across the country where they seemed to forget that there’s a virus, but every where else there‘s still strict rules to follow. My dd‘s college has such strict and confining rules for fall that she’s contemplating not going back. I’m planning to homeschool because I’m not sending my little one to school with the guidelines they’re talking about now, because kids can’t spend 7.5 hours a day like that. Her gym has been open for 5 weeks, and so far it’s ok, I just fear that I’ll pay my money and then they’ll be forced to shutdown again. I’ve paid far too much money for meets and tuition and floor routines in the past only to have to flush it away because of injuries, I don’t want to waste money like that again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back