This week I accomplished...2010 version

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I actually have been doing gymnastics recreationally off and on throughout the years but our little adult team really got going in january of this year so we had to get ourselves together pretty quickly. Ruth did competitive gymnastics for until she was about 13 when she got a serious knee injury and had 7 surgeries. Her parents think she's nuts to be back but here she is after 19 years trying to compete again. I think its awesome and actually she's the only one that is going to be competing this time so I guess look out for her. I have a wedding to go to and Kendall just can't afford to go but since our coaches have to go to Washington over a passport issue they don't mind going to the competition with her as well.

I learned a back hip circle on bar, it sure wasn't pretty, but I got around the bar!

Good job nicki! The first ones don't have to be pretty, soon it will feel more natural. I remember Tue first one I got around, I was totally shocked because I hadn't expected it to happen

The JO Games in Virginia were a blast, it was wonderful to meet so many gymnast from the ladies division!!! I had a great meet, just fell on my tsuk on day one and fell on beam day two. I will post a video of both days when I load them.

Prelims- day one
6th Vault 8.225
2nd Bars 9.025
1st Beam 9.425
1st Floor 9.45
AA 36.125

Finals - day two
Vault 8.65
Bars 9.1
Beam 8.225
Floor 9.5
AA 35.375

Awards at finals they combinded our two day scores, I won Beam/Floor/AA and placed 4th Vault and 2nd Bars.

Now since I don't have anymore meets until next year it's time to work on getting some more skills :)

Now since I don't have anymore meets until next year it's time to work on getting some more skills :)

That's what I'm excited to do! I spent so much time on bars today I got three blood blisters, but I'm determined to get my giant back. I went back to square one, but made great progress on the strap bar today. So psyched!

Awesome job JD! now you have a full year to work on new skills!

This week at p.t. I started to walk with partial weight bearing and crutches. I meet with my surgeon in less then two weeks and.will hopefully get my brace fully unlocked

I agree JD, it was great meeting others from ladies division! Wow, 4th on vault, what types of vaults were the higher placing ladies doing! It was hard to follow the others since I was in a different squad. I am working on some of the level 8 requirements now :)

Thanks nicci1999, I'm excited about adding some new skills, I wish they had an open or level 9 for ladies so we could do "C" skills.

Gikigirl, I dont know what vaults the top places were doing but I didnt stand up my tsuk on day one, day two I stood it up barely but I felt they were scoring pretty hard on the tsuk's and yurchenko's. Maybe I should have stuck with my twisting 1/2 on vault. Vault has never been my strong event though. Good luck getting your level 8 skills back, working new stuff is always the most fun for me :)

What new skills is everyone hoping to learn or re-learn from their younger days?

Thanks nicci1999, I'm excited about adding some new skills, I wish they had an open or level 9 for ladies so we could do "C" skills.

It would be nice to have a level 9, but I did some C stuff in this meet... like a switch leap on beam and a switch ring on floor. It says on the site that we follow USAG Level 8 rules, which does allow dance and element C's, so I think we can do SOME, they just count as Bs.

how fun to meet everyone at the meet. what an accomplishment for any of us to be there - congrats!
on vault, my teammate stood up her pike tsuk.

Wow a pike tsuk, thats awesome!!

I know we can do C dance elements but I meant acro skills. On bars you have always been able to do a couple C's (clear hip HS and cast HS 1/2 turn) but I wish we could do all C skills. I have never been good at clear hips but I can do a toe on pike sole circle to HS and I am excited that starting this season in USAG level 8 you can now do those so I can put it in my bar routine even in level 8!!!

JD....maybe I'm misunderstanding....or just missing the boat completely on this one....but are you competing USAG also? I thought as adults we could only compete the AAU events.....

Thankfully USAG has no age limits, only age minimums, which as adults we all meet. Its just a matter of a gym That lets one compete on a team. And if I am mistaken we can compete at a USAG sanctioned meet withot a team as long as.we.have a coach. If I'm wrong on that someone feel free to correct me

You dont have to have a team, just a USAG # and a coach!!! I just started competing again this season and only did AAU. I was just saying usag 8 can do that skill which means AAU 8 can do it now since they follow USAG rules. I don't plan on competing USAG even though I would love to do 9 or 10 on bars I couldn't do all the events and I coach our optional team during USAG season. Plus it wouldn't be as much fun without other gymnast my age.

I do Level 8 in USAG randomly through out the year. The gym that I coach with occasionally will let me compete, and there's another gym in the area that will let me go as well. There's one meet in my area that started an 18 and up age division because the meet director knows I like to still compete. It's fun to do that one, though there's usually only a few people in it. :eek:)

my hands are soo soft from taking time off for the aau meet and then the road trip. it was about 2 weeks and i ripped on tuesday and again today. in addition to soft hands, my hamstring and lats are sore!

stood up a couple ro bhs 1 1/2 of tumble track. i think that the rod floor helps my tumbling a lot.
wrist feels good enough to put my valdez back in my beam routine. and i'm doing 3 straddle backs per practice. and a ton of cast handstand attempts.

please let me know if the toe on for bars counts as a b because my teammate would love to compete that.

Well I'm not doing the level of skills all of you are doing but I was happy I finally did my fronttuck on floor with no matt and no spot. I don't know what it is about front tumbling but it just scares me so that was a huge accomplishment for me. Also I starting working on tsuks for the first time in my life into the pit. I was scared at first but it was once I did it a couple of times I didn't want to quit it was so fun.

I am now walking! Pt wants me to use one crutch when out of the house but for the most part crutches are gone! So onto strength training of the right leg and hopefully I will be back in the gym soon even if it is just handstands and cartwheels

Maltese to Nakayama on rings.

The Nakayama doesn't dip as low as I'd like it to yet, but it's definitely a Nakayama.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back