Thoughts on Challenge Cup

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’m confused regarding the new English Championship 38 qualifying score. My daughter qualified for her region at national grade 2 this year for the final at Fenton Manor but the only open competition she has competed in was for her county title where she scored around 46. I stress this was not a whole region but a county competition, her club do not enter completions such as the Calvert or Gymstars regional opens. Will she be eligible for the English should her club decide she is ready ?

Thank you.

These are after the closing date. The plan was for her to do one of these anyway. For now all she can do is just focus on training. Any communication with EGA needs to be done via the club but I shall keep the pressure on - competing at these competitions was what kept her going through injury so it will be very disappointing. Hopefully the EGA will be sympathetic.
I am not sure if she does enter the English and gets 47 whether she can then do the British the same year (When British Espoirs was in December, they did allow espoirs to enter before compulsory 1/challenge and only compete if they achieved the relevant scores at those competitions) but this is problem 2 now!

Had she qualified to the British last year before her injury?

I’m confused regarding the new English Championship 38 qualifying score. My daughter qualified for her region at national grade 2 this year for the final at Fenton Manor but the only open competition she has competed in was for her county title where she scored around 46. I stress this was not a whole region but a county competition, her club do not enter completions such as the Calvert or Gymstars regional opens. Will she be eligible for the English should her club decide she is ready ?

Thank you.
It isn't clear, I think they will need to provide some clarification.

I am not sure if she does enter the English and gets 47 whether she can then do the British the same year

I read the update as yes she can do this. It just says since January 18.

You need to find out if she can use a score from one of the spring competitions for the English. Do a prospective entry and withdraw if she doesn't make the score. If she is doing those comps anyway and the English then it sounds like she is likely good to go.

Thank you.

I doubt they will accept a score from a grades competition as they have different criteria and 5 pieces, but espoirs may only have level 2 scores regionally so I'm thinking they may accept those. I'm sure they will clarify soon.

I doubt they will accept a score from a grades competition as they have different criteria and 5 pieces, but espoirs may only have level 2 scores regionally so I'm thinking they may accept those. I'm sure they will clarify soon.
Thank you Jenny. I had been thinking along those lines as well due to the added R&C in the grades. The lack of transparency from BG is so frustrating particularly when you consider this change to the rules has been introduced just a few weeks before the English Championship registration starts on the 2nd January. Common sense would dictate that these decisions should be made a lot earlier by BG in order to ensure a fair and level playing field for all gymnasts.I would suggest as soon as possible after the previous years Championships has taken place would achieve maximum effect and of course basic everyday human common sense would also dictate likewise. Due to the diversity of what competition structure individual clubs practice at various ages this may lead ( but hopefully not) to some deserving gymnasts being eliminated from the English because unfortunately the young gymnasts and their clubs crystal ball reading was not as strong as their gymnastics. Of course I jest to some degree but quite frankly I am utterly flabbergasted at this latest “ shock” development thrown at everybody at the eleventh hour by BG.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back