Thoughts on first day of women's qualification

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As long as someone with equally difficult vaults stays on their feet(I am not so subtly talking to you jade), Paseka is not winning gold. But to be fair, she is far from alone in her "technique".

Attachments

• IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    315.9 KB · Views: 53
Talk about a vault table! It looks like someone read about a piece of gymnastics equipment called a "vault table" but hadn't actually seen one, so this is what they built.
It's a trapezium in Dutch and specifically for vault competitions. I just didn't know a good translation lol. It is about as big and high as the 'real' table though, just a lot less soft. I hate it haha

Can't wait to see Iordache today!(wish it was in person) Really, really routing for her to show her best.

As long as someone with equally difficult vaults stays on their feet(I am not so subtly talking to you jade), Paseka is not winning gold. But to be fair, she is far from alone in her "technique".

I remember over the last few years thinking at random times while watching big events that Russia, in particular, had a lot of gymnasts with overly-separated legs in the vault takeoff (most gymnasts have a little separation). Maybe part of their strategy for power/balance and just eat the deduction? (which, apparently, is quite low given Paseka's E scores for that ugliness!).

No expert here, just a confused but curious spectator.

Word is it’s a torn Achilles...poor girl. As for Sanne, she missed her connections. I read somewhere they told beam judges to hammer the dance.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back