Tiger Paw Knock offs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
Does anyone know of any good companies that make tiger paws but arent tiger paws. Like a "knock off" so to say. I wwould get regular tiger paws but they are kind of expensive. My coach recomended me to get them only for vault because i have been having a lot of wrist pain after starting donig yurchenkos. Also if i am only having pain in my left wrist should a get tiger paws for each hand or just my left??

you must use them on both wrists. go to GMR gymnastics website. they have "knockoffs".

Emma has a set of tiger paws. She only needs it for one wrist (ganglion cyst) but her coach said it was best to wear them on both. So she wears them on both wrist. Her tiger paws were getting kind of nasty looking. I bought her a knock off pair. She can tell a difference in them and prefers her tiger paws. The knock offs were cheaper but the tiger paws work better for her.

ok thanks for the information. also has anyone ever had experiance with these brands? Or is it just best to get the real ones?

At the level you are now, I would just get the real deal. The only comparable ones I have seen are golden hands and they still run about $36. If you are not picky about color you can often find tiger paws on ebay brand new at a good price.

I just bought my daughter a new pair of Tiger Paws and I think they were only $49...not much more than the knockoffs..

Ok i think im am just going to get the real ones. I also have another question. What is the difference between the regular ones and the water proof ones??

The waterproof ones are meant for diving. Everyone I know just had the regular ones.

Just a guess but maybe some divers have wrist problems from the press handstand they do into some dives. I'm really not sure, though :)

Just a guess but maybe some divers have wrist problems from the press handstand they do into some dives. I'm really not sure, though :)
For some divers it is hard on their wrists when they do the press handstand and also from the way they have to hold their hands going into the water. My one friend used to do diving and had to quit because her wrists were too bad.

yes, try to imagine the forces involved from atop a platform when the first body part to enter the water is the fingers/hands...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back