WAG Time off after surgery?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi guys:). I'm currently sitting in a hospital bed typing this haha. I got my appendix taken out 2 nights ago. They're saying I might need to take a month or a month and a half off. Would this make me lose any skills? I'm level 5 and would be okay to go in to just condition? I'm dieting without practice haha. Thanks:)

I'd listen to your doctors on this one. If they say take a month off, then take a month off.
Just from my experience (non medical opinion) I'd say that's a no to conditioning as well.

I totally agree with GymSurvivor!! Listen to your doctor. No skill is worth your health in the long run.

Pay attention to your doctor. You have a wound in your core. It's pretty hard to condition other muscles without using your core.

You won't lose any skills that you really have in that time frame except those that require strength, and the strength can be back to acceptable levels in a two week time frame after you've fully recovered per the docs advice. I'd even advise a slow re-entry of a 2 weeks beyond that for any exercises and skills that use a lot of core reaction strength....like piked Tsukahara/Yurchenko, bail handstands, standing back tucks, and a whole bunch of others with similar movement demands.

You have no choice in taking a fair amount of time off, so add a little more time to get back your core strength. It would be a shame and very frustrating for you to have to repeat the entire process a 2nd time while you recover from a 2nd surgery to repair an abdominal wall rupture. But don't worry about the rupture thing as those usually happen to people who think it won't happen to them....are you going to be one of those????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back