Parents Timing woes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey parents, and I mean parents!!!

The coach emailed me to say that my girls, who have trained at the same hours for at least three years, may not be any more. During the week would stay the same, but on Saturday oldest dd would start at 9am and finish at 12:30, little DD would start at 12 noon and end at 2:30pm.

We live 35 -50 mins from the gym, depending on our nasty Quebec weather. I would have to leave home at 8:15am and I wouldn't retuen until 3:30pm at the earliest. Not to mention trying to waste time in a small town with nothing to do with two different bored and tired kids.

I emailed her back to say that this can't work for us and could she please accomodate us as we live the furthest from the gym, we have been there for 7 years and the other sisters in the gym do work out together, or at the same time.

Hubby says if the coach won't work with us the girls will have to choose to quit or go to a club over an hour away, if they can get in this late in the season.:eek:

The gas bills last year were nuts, but now it's really about family time, I have a fifteen year old son who would like to have a life too.

What do you think. What would you say if she says, "No, we cannot accomodate your girls the way you want".

I will post this in the coaches forum to see what they think.....:confused::confused::confused:

Well this is a tricky situation!
If you explained the case and she comes
back with a yes its ok! If not are you
sure that is the only gymn near you?!
I would not leave but maby no go on that
day and extra in the week or something
Im realy sorry I dont know what to suggest!

bogwoppit, I would certainly hope they will accomodate you after being a loyal customer and entrusting your dd's with them for so many years... of course wait and see how they handle it first, but if they say no, I would offer up the suggestion again and then actually let them know that you may need to look at another gym if this option does not work for them. I know some gyms can be downright ridiculous with their policies, and some throw around their power.... customer service should still mean something though - even in the competitive gymnastics world - nic

Great news, the coach emailed me this morning and both girls will be at their regular morning time for this year!!! I am a happy camper.....:D I guess she realised that it just couldn't work.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back