Tnt? Maybe the future???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi there.
my moms telling me that im too old to do gymnastics): i think im really good..on FX i can do ro bhs bhs, ro layout, ro bhs tuck, ro bhs bhs tuck.IM REALLLYYY flexible What level am i? I train every day. Im 17 and my moms telling me to quit. Should i still continue? HELPP!!! Would this sport really help me???

I'd say T&T would be fantastic for you. It is much easier on the body, the practice hours are not as long, and athletes often compete well into adulthood. If you are looking at USAG, the tumbling skills you have would be level 7...I think you would just need a whip in one pass. You can compete just tumbling if that is where your passion lies or you can also compete trampoline and/or double mini trampoline. It is a lot of fun, you should try it!

My daughter loves trampoline and tumbling. And I've noticed that T & T is sort of like the snowboarding to the skiing world. Much less intense, the meets are quite casual. I noticed even at the Senior national level at our recent qualifier, that the athletes were joking around with the landing judge and execution judges.

It's really fun for the girls (and guys)!

T&T is a lot of fun, and an easy transition from artistic. A lot of artistic gymnasts do struggle with tumbling endurance at first (level 6 is roundoff 6 backhandsprings and roundoff 3 bhs back tuck, which is a lot of skills if you aren't used to it) & our jump technique is slightly different, but most WAG athletes make the transition easily.

And our meets are sooooooooooooo laid back. Ohmigosh.

(and I don't believe in too old, but that may just be me).

I think that if you already have the skills that you do, you should go for it! My DD never did gymnastics so I can't compare, but she has been doing t&t since age 7 (skipping last 1.5 years due to other reasons) and is back at it since Nov. She only goes an hour a week, but her team mates go 3-4hrs a week. Our club is USTA, which is probably less hours than USAG. Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back