Parents To do L7 or not to do L7. (Our Choice)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jenn's Jam

Proud Parent
If you havent read the thred, Transferring to L7 After one year in gym I reccomend reading that before this one so this one will make more sense :) )

So now that DD's (12) Last practice is tomorrow (from her 2 week trial at L7) we had a very tough decision to make. We started thinking about it on the 26th - now. Although i've been thinking about it for 2 weeks I had to really brain storm from tuesday to now and I think I've made a pro's and con's list and also made my decision.

Pros:
Great Coach's
Cost affordable
DD Loves the girls on the team
DD Loves the main gym
DD Seems to really strive there and you can really tell she is having fun
DD Already knows the l4 and l5 routines (For when she scores out)
Drive is within an hour
Meet's are mainly in state only about 3 are out of state.

Cons:
First meet is in a little under a week (She would compete L4 then L5 to score out of those then do L7 The next meet after scoring out of L5)
Way longer hours (I wouldn't get to see DD as much :( But this isnt a big one because I don't wanna be selfish and hold her back)
Less time for school (We're looking into getting her homeschooled)

So with everything we decided to..
Do L7 For the season
So even with the cons we can still handle it, and dd is having a good time so thats very important.

So everything is affordable so we decided to go for it.

Thanks everyone for the advice on the last thread!
(Sorry that this is a kinda random post but some people wanted to see what my decision was so here it is :) )

What input into the decision did you DD have?
If she didn't wanna do L7 or she felt she wasn't ready that would've been a deal breaker.
But besides that if it was a bit risky money wise then we probably wouldn't have gone through with it, no matter how much she liked it.

So I'd say a bit but not alot.

If she didn't wanna do L7 or she felt she wasn't ready that would've been a deal breaker.
But besides that if it was a bit risky money wise then we probably wouldn't have gone through with it, no matter how much she liked it.

So I'd say a bit but not alot.
I would say she had a LOT of input because if the money wasn't there, there would have been no choice to make... and without that consideration to worry about, it was up to her.

She tested out for L4 and L5 in the same day. (It was the same meet just different times) She scored out of it and she did her first L7 meet was the next day (also at the same meet) At her L7 meet she was, 4th AA 2nd on beam 1st on floor, 3rd on bars and 4th on vault :)
Wow, great job. But what an exhausting weekend!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back