Toe Injury - What is it?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! I have a bit of a dilemma. I take pointe classes at school once a week. A few weeks ago, I came home with a bump on my toe. I figured it was nothing, so I continued practicing on it. A few days later, I asked my coach (who has a degree in athletic training) what she thought it was. She said she thought it's just a fluid buildup, and to ice it and stay off the pointe shoes. So I have been religiously.

Well... about 3 weeks later, now, and it's still hurting. And it looks like the bump might be getting bigger. I don't think I would have broken anything (nor does it FEEL like I've broken anything... it just feels like something is being pulled WAY too tight when I point my big toe)... so perhaps it's a tendon problem? Should I go to the doctor? Or... do any of you have ideas on what this could be?

Thanks a million! Just gotta suck it up for now - states today. And then... we are finally done, and my poor toe may get some rest! :D

Well i have a bunion on my right foot. The bump is hard (cuz its bone) and it sticks out to the inside of my foot. My whole toe is kinda crooked because of it. Sometimes it hurts, but it just depends when and how badly. For a bunion, all you can do is have surgery on it if its really bugging you. I've had mine for almost a year, and its not bothering me enough to have surgery on, so i'm leaving it for now.
I don't know if you want to go see a doctor. Its really up to you. If you go to a doctor though, i would suggest going to a podiatrist. they specialize in feet and ankles and stuff.
Hope this helps!
:)

Thanks gymnafreak! I asked my coach, thinking it might be just that. She said she doesn't think it's a bunion. Hmm. Will definitely consider the podiatrist, though! :)

I always follow the rule "If your asking should you see a Dr then call today and get the appointment"

An office visit is cheap and will answer your questions quicker than guessing what it could be. I would call a podiatrist (foot Dr) today.

Alrighty. I think mi madre is going to call and schedule an appointment tomorrow. I'm reeeeeally hoping it's nothing serious, but it's getting worse. That's what has me worried. And I really don't want to give up my last 3 weeks of pointe. Urgh! :(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back