Parents Toe injury

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

twinmomma

Proud Parent
DD does acro and her partner slipped and caught DD's pinky toe on a skill. It's not broken, but it clearly is hurting her - my guess is like hyperextension. There's a small amount of bruising in the inside of her toe but nothing really significant. We've been taping it, but she couldn't really do much at practice on Wednesday because it was bugging her. She's on a 4 day break due to a canceled practice and the weekend, my question really is has anyone dealt with a random injury like this and how long was it before they were fully functional again? First meet is in a month and I'm concerned.

DD had the same thing recently. She doesn't do gymnastics, but she dances. She was out of dance for about two weeks (still went to all the classes, but couldn't do much). We didn't get it checked out, just taped it, and it healed nicely on its own.

Happened to my dd a few years ago. Thought it wasn't broken but after a few days of pain checked it out and it was. That little pinky toe took a very long time to heal. The only thing you can do is tape it, stay off of it and let it heal. Good luck!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back