Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Toe on vs Clear Hip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traci

Proud Parent
Apr 26, 2017
Country
USA
is one easier than the other? Just wondering why some girls do one and others the other.

LTB~Mom

Proud Parent
Mar 29, 2015
Country
USA
In general, I think the clear hip is easier for most girls, but some are better at the toe on.

Reactions: sce

LGnyc

Proud Parent
Jun 27, 2017
Country
USA
In our gym, the coaches work with the girls to figure out which circling skill to handstand they can do best: clear hip to HS, stalder, toe up.
My dd never got her clear hip to vertical so they've switched to stalder bc she's so flexible.

Reactions: Aero and sce

Gymmom0403

Proud Parent
Aug 31, 2016
Country
USA
My dd is not all that flexible in her hamstrings so the clear hip is much easier and cleaner for her to do. She's working on toe on but most likely won't compete it

John

Proud Parent
May 5, 2017
Country
USA
My dd is not all that flexible in her hamstrings so the clear hip is much easier and cleaner for her to do. She's working on toe on but most likely won't compete it
DD has the same issue. In place of the toe on she is working Stalder.

Traci

Proud Parent
Apr 26, 2017
Country
USA
Thanks ya'll. DD does Clear Hip (free hip - whatever it's called) and only now can do the toe on....her teammate is the opposite - can do the toe on, but struggles doing a clear hip. I sure don't understand some of this stuff...

ascarter1

Proud Parent
Apr 25, 2013
Country
USA
My dd did a free hip in 6 and 7. By lv 7 it was beautiful. She competed a toe on for 8 and will also have it in her 9 routine.

I think it is just something different for the judges to score. Something new to look at. Maybe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
twinmomma Parent Forum 3
S Parent Forum 2
M Parent Forum 3