WAG Toe on vs Clear Hip

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In our gym, the coaches work with the girls to figure out which circling skill to handstand they can do best: clear hip to HS, stalder, toe up.
My dd never got her clear hip to vertical so they've switched to stalder bc she's so flexible.

My dd is not all that flexible in her hamstrings so the clear hip is much easier and cleaner for her to do. She's working on toe on but most likely won't compete it

Reactions: sce
My dd is not all that flexible in her hamstrings so the clear hip is much easier and cleaner for her to do. She's working on toe on but most likely won't compete it

DD has the same issue. In place of the toe on she is working Stalder.

Thanks ya'll. DD does Clear Hip (free hip - whatever it's called) and only now can do the toe on....her teammate is the opposite - can do the toe on, but struggles doing a clear hip. I sure don't understand some of this stuff...

My dd did a free hip in 6 and 7. By lv 7 it was beautiful. She competed a toe on for 8 and will also have it in her 9 routine.

I think it is just something different for the judges to score. Something new to look at. Maybe...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back