Toes / Feet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flippymonkeysmom

Ok - so how many gymnasts have permanently nasty feet/toes?? My dd's toes are such a mess. From all the years of tumbling and sometimes landing wrong, clipping her toes on the bars learning shoot thru's and squat on's, etc. She has ripped off toenails more often than I can count - is it just her ??? I thought we were in the clear now that she is no longer in gym - but yesterday she was on the trampoline and somehow managed to jam her toe and rip off half a toe nail. I have a feeling when she is older she will be spending lots of time and money sitting in a pedicure chair!!!!

I am not sure - so far DD's feet are OK I think (if you recall from the Chalkbucket Challenge Thread) I don't like feet at all so, I try NOT to look at them !!

Beetle's toes/feet are in decent shape, but her hands are a different story! All the rips and callouses.. all the way down to her wrists!

I hope it prevents Boys from wanting to hold hands LOL...

Speaking of feet though. Beetle is small for her age (As most gymnasts, I think) but she has Massive feet! She is wearing a womens size 8 already! Beam happens to be her best event, I think it is because her feet are so big that she can always get at least 1 foot on LOL

Speaking of feet though. Beetle is small for her age (As most gymnasts, I think) but she has Massive feet! She is wearing a womens size 8 already! Beam happens to be her best event, I think it is because her feet are so big that she can always get at least 1 foot on LOL

That is really funny b/c my dd always had big feet too - I told her there is no reason for her ever to fall off - she can just wrap her monkey toes right around the beam, lol.

I never had much trouble with my feet. Maybe the bigger feet mean bigger toes and thus they catch and bend more easily hence all the ripped toenails. My toes were pretty small and don't seem to bend out of the foot line much. How's your daughter's toe point? I'm wondering if people who have loose feet bang their toes more often because the feet aren't "tight" and they can flop into unexpected positions. Could this be a question of foot control and musculature?

Interesting tidbit - Dominique Moceanu always wore beam shoes because she'd get bad cracks in her toes if she didn't.

I think if anything she kept them pointed too long - she would sometimes come down with her toes bent under. That and the fact that she is clumsy by nature and trips over her own feet on a regular basis - she gets that from her mom - the only difference is I wear shoes a lot more than she does :p

Flippy - Funny - I have used the phrase 'Monkey toes' do Beetle in the past!

Interesting topic about pointing the toes, Beetle had a bad habit for a while about 'Duck footing her feet' on her giants, as she was coming by the low bar. she so she wouldnt hit her toes! Then she would bring her toes back together and point them all the way around until she came on top of the low bar and would "duck foot" them again!

My DD does not have big feet by any stretch, but she does have Monkey Toes. That girl can climb or grip anything. I somethings think she is part BillyGoat.

Mine are absolutely MINGING. I have like 6 scars, various cuts and bruises (not from gymnastics. someone stood on me and then I fell down the stairs) and no toe nail on either of my pinkie toes and the one next to it on my left foot.

I also managed to get dancers foot which is pretty disgusting. My friends tell me not to wear shoes that show off my feet lol

On a positive note, they don't smell ;).

however, i have many scars on my feet. 3 or 4 are from falling at the pool and a couple are from rope burn and such. i also have some scars on my legs from the strap bar pinching me when i do freehips on it. my toes however are fine. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back