WAG Toes splitting open?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cbifoja

Proud Parent
When my DD did gym in the past she seemed to constantly have a small split at the base of her 4th toe where it met her foot. When she was out of the sport for three years, she never had it. She’s been back in the gym for five weeks and she already has the split again.

Does anyone else’s gymnast have this problem? Any idea what causes it? I’m icked out by toe fungus so maybe I’m just being paranoid.

My son gets it bad. We tried fungus treatments, but it was not that. For him, it was really really really dry skin, and tumbling. He uses bag balm on it now. NOt sure how much it bothers him anymore.

Bag balm is a great start. Beam shoes will solve it. Taping the problem areas before practice. Adding fat to the diet can help--avocados, dairy, etc. If it gets bad often--deep and meaty-looking--keep some vials of surgical glue on hand to seal the rips. Sometimes it will tear again the next day, but usually it will hold for a couple of days. If you can get through to the weekend, then it might somewhat heal and allow a fresh start the next week. It can be an ongoing battle. "Mastisol liquid adhesive" is a good brand. Can find it on Amazon for example.

Reactions: sce
When my DD did gym in the past she seemed to constantly have a small split at the base of her 4th toe where it met her foot. When she was out of the sport for three years, she never had it. She’s been back in the gym for five weeks and she already has the split again.

Does anyone else’s gymnast have this problem? Any idea what causes it? I’m icked out by toe fungus so maybe I’m just being paranoid.
hey when i was a gymnast i never had the problem but I did cut my feet after training I don't know if this helps at all but maybe it does

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back