Too late?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi I'm new here. I am 19 and wondering if it is too late to start gymnastics. I have always loved gymnastics and took some classes when I was really little but my family has never been able to afford it financially. I would love to start up and I know it would be something I enjoy but I don't really know much so it is hard for me. I live south florida and do not know what to look for in a gym. And what does it cost financially? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Alyssa

You are NEVER too late to start gymnastics! I was a level 4 at age 10! Which was old at my gym! (not to scare you) Because you are 19, an adult. You should see about adult classes! You can go here: :: USA Gymnastics :: usagymclub.com :: and type in your zip code, different gyms will come up! And it's from USAG! Which is the top gymnastics choice in the country!

I'd say no, I'm 18 now and still doing gymnastics and I don't have any plans to stop anytime soon! I started when I was 15 which is very late but it was my passion that drove it :p A lot of clubs (in Australia anyway not sure about US) have adult classes - sometimes multiple times a week. I think its awesome that you want to get involved. At our gym I would say its roughly $25 per hour for an adult 2hr class but having said that i think gym may be cheaper over here.

I started when I was 19 (well, i'm still 19 haha) and it's not too late! You just have to find a gym with a good adult program :)

Never! its never too late to start gymnastics, it helps to know SOME skills though. Learning a cartwheel is a start, if you become good enough you can even be on team. It would be better to do adult classes though, just so you don't feel weird in front of other gymnasts.

I just started a couple months ago at 16. :D Being strong and flexible definitely helps a lot, and I also think older people can advance a lot faster than young kids.

Thanks so much everyone! Emailed some gyms and waiting to hear back. What is the best exercises/ stretches to do at home? I want to prepare myself best I can.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back