Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Too Old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pinkcrystal

Am I too old to start gymnastics at 21? I dont have that much experience but enjoyed it at school and wanted to start up again... is it too late?

G

gracefulone

It's never too late too start for recreational purposes. :)

JBS

Administrator
Staff member
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Sep 3, 2005
Wisconsin
Country
USA
Never too late...you just have to warm up a little better.

Angela

Feb 7, 2007
never too old

dear pinkcrystal -- I don't think anyone is ever too old to be in the gym. You might not be able to do elite level tricks, but you'll have lots of fun. I think with proper conditioning, flexibilty and strength training, and lots of repititions..... there shouldn't be a problem. Take it slow; have fun. Most gyms have "open gym" at least once a week. My gym also has Adult Open Gym. (strictly for those 18 and over). And we also have some adult classes. I'd say go for it.
Angela

audra

Coach & Mom
CB Booster Club
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Feb 5, 2006
Wisconsin
What a great way to keep in shape, and you are definitely not too old. Gymnastics is a great sport at any age. Make sure to let us know how it goes.

Deborah

Jul 24, 2007
Go for it! It will go great if you also do othe things that include stretching and conditioning, such as pilates, yoga, weights. I am a 48 year old granny and can do back handsprings, aerials, all-around--it is not like when I was young, though---takes longer to stretch out, and I have to pay close attention to my body.

H

hammy

It's never too late...just stretch and warm up well. Gymnastics is a great way to stay in shape, boost confidence, and have a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jessleemom Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) 6
GymnastLecia2003 Gymnast Forum 5
I Gymnast Forum 3