WAG too-small grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What age and level? If she is pretty small and not doing lots of big swinging yet, then they might not stretch but generally all grips stretch will stretch. Leather is pliable and thus stretches with the weight and pressure.
Ok thanks, my dd is 9, I’m UK so don’t have comparable level, she can upstart (kip), cast to handstand, jump squat on to high bar and more that I can’t remember, currently learning giants and spends about 3hrs per week on bars, not sure what you would consider lots of swinging, but I guess because my dd is light that might be the reason they haven’t stretched.

I hear a lot of people saying about grips stretching, does this always happen or are certain brands more prone to this? Only my dd old grips didn’t really stretch at all. Just curious

Dani is 11 weighs 74 pounds. She wears English Bulldog grips. Her last pair were 000 and had stretched to the size of her new 00 pair. I can not speak to any other brands as she will not wear any else. Her coach has them swing at least an hour of bars every practice. It is usually intense.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back