Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Top developmental JO programs in each state

Status
Not open for further replies.

gymmom11

Proud Parent
Mar 7, 2017
Country
USA
Our gym is on the list too! Not too surprised in a sense... but a little since our gym doesn't have elite, tops, or hopes training

Seeker

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Aug 30, 2012
USA
Country
USA
Congrats to all the gym's that made the list -- my dd's gym is on here as well. There are some pretty large inaccuracies though for a few gyms I am familiar with...the data mining must have missed some key details.

wandrewsjr

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Sep 4, 2009
Country
USA
Congrats to all the gym's that made the list -- my dd's gym is on here as well. There are some pretty large inaccuracies though for a few gyms I am familiar with...the data mining must have missed some key details.
Without mentioning a particular state or gym, which "stats" are wrong?

sce

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Mar 11, 2014
Country
USA
Our gym is on the list too! Not too surprised in a sense... but a little since our gym doesn't have elite, tops, or hopes training
Well the list is developmentsl JO programs, so that would not be consuderin elite or hopes.

Reactions: chalkbowl

suebee

Proud Parent
Dec 6, 2012
The gym I thought would be number one in my state is number two, but what do I know?!
Aren't the gyms listed alphabetically within a state?

Anyone know how they got the data? Did they just go through mymeetscores or meetscoresonline or contact the gyms for the info?

Reactions: sce

flipster

Proud Parent
Jan 29, 2016
Country
USA
Isnt meetscores pretty accurate when it comes to Nationals and Eastens?

Reactions: sce

amiandjim

Proud Parent
Former Gymnast
Apr 18, 2015
Country
USA
I can say for our state, the gyms named are great gyms but I feel a couple are missing. DDs gym had twice as many state AA winners as the 2 gyms named, and while the optional program isn't large, they qualified most of them to nationals. It's only been operating for 7-8 years so maybe it's that a lot of the optionals started at other gyms, although there are at least 3 (of 6-7) level 10s who started in compulsories there.

Reactions: flipster

Nikki4

Proud Parent
Dec 12, 2011
Our gym is listed as well :)
Wish we could've had a list like this back when we were moving a lot!

Reactions: amiandjim

coachp

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Proud Parent
Apr 5, 2013
SOCAL
Country
USA
I can say for our state, the gyms named are great gyms but I feel a couple are missing. DDs gym had twice as many state AA winners as the 2 gyms named, and while the optional program isn't large, they qualified most of them to nationals. It's only been operating for 7-8 years so maybe it's that a lot of the optionals started at other gyms, although there are at least 3 (of 6-7) level 10s who started in compulsories there.
The criteria is about a combination of things. In other words bringing kids up within the program was a large factor . Also this is a JO article . From what I understand ,tops , hopes , elite will be seperate article .

Reactions: sce and amiandjim

Mrs. Puma

Staff member
Proud Parent
Sep 23, 2014
Syracuse, NY
Country
USA
Aren't the gyms listed alphabetically within a state?

Anyone know how they got the data? Did they just go through mymeetscores or meetscoresonline or contact the gyms for the info?
Oh, maybe you're right! That would make more sense I guess. There's another I thought would beat out the one, but again what do I know? Lol! Still kind of cool that Puma Jr has competed against both. And I would assume you're right and they got the data from meetscores ect. Good question.

Reactions: amiandjim

flipster

Proud Parent
Jan 29, 2016
Country
USA
Bringing talent within the program is essential, if not the most important. Next is number of upper levels and how many make to E/N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Women's Artistic Gymnastics (WAG) 34
T Parent Forum 17
T Parent Forum 5