Parents TOPs B camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Higgsgirl

Proud Parent
My DD will be attending the Tops B camp in Dec. as a 10 year old. Has anyone's daughter ever been to the B camp? Do they test their physical abilities, or is that just A campers? Any advice, tips for my DD?

The TOPS B camp is identical to the TOPS A camp, same coaches, same hours, same program. The only difference is you pay for the camp and Camp A is paid for by USAG. They do the physical abilities and they usually post the top scorers in the gym. She'll (or her coach) may be given a list of things she may need to work on. And don't believe anyone that says TOPS Team B campers pay to supplement or pay for the expenses of the A Team. Each camp have coaches that need to be paid, room and board for the gymnast' personal coach, and national staff coach, etc. We've had some of these coaches hold clinics at our gym and they are not cheap.

As far as a tip, tell your daughter just to have fun. She'll make new friends. And bring some snacks. Food at the camp is not great.

My dd attended the TOPS B camp last year. It was nearly identical to the TOPS A camp. The one difference that I could see was that they did not have the girls test the Physical Abilities in the TOPS B camp.

Thanks for the info and tips!! I know cell service is pretty bad out there. Any advice on how they can reach home once a day? I figured I'd send her with a cell phone just in case. Also, is Sunday just a drive in/fly in day, and do kids leave on Wednesday afternoon after awards if they drive in??

I used to hear cell phones didn't work way out there but things might have changed now.

Last year Sunday was just a fly-in day, but that doesn't mean that is the case this year. You should be receiving more detailed information on the camp soon. It will include what to pack, cabin assignments and a detailed schedule for the camp. There is a party on the last night of camp for the girls. It seems to be a highlight, so I would expect to want to stay until Thursday morning.

My dd brought her cell phone last year, she could get a call out but only in a certain spot and it was very iffy reception. I guess it depends on the carrier. Also, there is a pay phone if you want to send them with a calling card. My dd had a calling card with her and never used it.

Verizon seems to be the best carrier out there. I purchased a to go verizon phone and only use it when Im at the ranch for camps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back