WAG TOPS/HOPES Coach of the Year

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Since you're asking, I'm working on a statistical analysis of the qualifying scores from 2014 forward for both national testing cutoff scores and TOPs A and B team qualifying scores. I also created a spreadsheet that I'm pretty sure will accurately calculate the national testing score by popping in the raw scores for each section. Of the test. What it does not account for is relative position between the gymnasts fir things like rope climb and the 20 meter sprint, and I'm not sure how that works.
Congratulations to the coach and your gym. Very impressive to go from zero hopes program to coach of the year!

Since you're asking, I'm working on a statistical analysis of the qualifying scores from 2014 forward for both national testing cutoff scores and TOPs A and B team qualifying scores. I also created a spreadsheet that I'm pretty sure will accurately calculate the national testing score by popping in the raw scores for each section. Of the test. What it does not account for is relative position between the gymnasts fir things like rope climb and the 20 meter sprint, and I'm not sure how that works.
They had a chart for rope, sprint..... it was up at testing so you just plug in for that criteria based on age. Rope climb for 10 yr old was different than 8/9 yr olds.

They had a chart for rope, sprint..... it was up at testing so you just plug in for that criteria based on age. Rope climb for 10 yr old was different than 8/9 yr olds.

Attachments

• 483C5019-C428-41D7-93B7-B80B32082157.jpeg
    483C5019-C428-41D7-93B7-B80B32082157.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 67
Team A - 85, Team B - 80. These are my guesses based on 9 yo National testing cutoff scores being significantly lower this year than they were last year. The 10 yo scores have been consistent the past 5 years, and the cutoff scores for A team have only exceeded the national testing cutoff score by a maximum of 5 points in the last 5 years. So, in all likelihood the max the A Team cutoff score will be is 88, but like I said, based on the 9 yo scores being significantly lower, it may bring this down a bit. The B team qualifying score has been much more volatile and difficult to predict. It seems to fluctuate between the 10 yo national testing cutoff score and the 9 yo national testing cutoff score, more often being right at or just below the 10 yo national testing cutoff score.

I hope it is lower than last years..... I like your predictions. It would mean all of our girls make a team of some sort. .

I’m curious....do you think scores were higher since the girls could see them? Before this year, didn’t the coaches handle the scores? I just wondered how they were in comparison to previous years.

I’m curious....do you think scores were higher since the girls could see them? Before this year, didn’t the coaches handle the scores? I just wondered how they were in comparison to previous years.
I knew my daughters scores last year. Her coach took a picture and we calculated. I do think Skllls seemed higher than last but Physical was definitely much lower.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back