TOPs lists are out

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PureTalent

Proud Parent
I created a new thread for the topic, it will be found more easily this way.

As you say very exciting and congratulations to all girls who make it to the camps.

Welcome to Texas Y'all! We've finally cooled below ninteys. Please bring your rain gear, mabe it will bring us lucky rain.

I just want to clarify Pure Talents post.

Both the A group and B group are TEAM members. They are the National A and B TOPs teams. The B group are not just camp qualifiers.

Good to recognize the status of all the girls. There are also the TOPs Diamond team members who are too young to attend the camps but have attained a high score in testing regionally.

I just want to clarify Pure Talents post.

Both the A group and B group are TEAM members. They are the National A and B TOPs teams. The B group are not just camp qualifiers.

Good to recognize the status of all the girls. There are also the TOPs Diamond team members who are too young to attend the camps but have attained a high score in testing regionally.
Thanks bog! Sorry, I just used the exact wording of how it was on the usag site. :( To clarify further, they weren't my words I just got the wording from here :: USA Gymnastics :: National TOPs Training Camps :: Sorry!

Oh I know, I saw the lists earlier. But I wanted to make sure people who didn't know that there are three teams of amazing testers out there. Talented crowd aren't they!

I found it interesting (as an outsider looking in), how few gyms are represented on the two lists.
What I mean is, despite the aims of identifying talent that might otherwise go unnoticed and spreading coaching expertise around, really there are only a couple of dozen gyms that seem to account for the vast majority of the list. I do wonder how well this system works in fulfilling the stated goals....
-GTO

I found it interesting (as an outsider looking in), how few gyms are represented on the two lists.
What I mean is, despite the aims of identifying talent that might otherwise go unnoticed and spreading coaching expertise around, really there are only a couple of dozen gyms that seem to account for the vast majority of the list. I do wonder how well this system works in fulfilling the stated goals....
-GTO

Welcome to the Chalkbucket! Our Canadian member group gets bigger by the week.

You are correct. Many, many clubs do not participate for many reasons. Read through this thread for a few answers. http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/tops-talk/35109-tops-no-tops-question.html

Feel free to ask more questions.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back