Parents TOPs National Testing 2013

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, we still haven't heard a thing. I think that in this case no news is NOT good news. Oh well, we knew it was a long-shot. TOPS is new to DD's gym, and we didn't really know what to expect. DD only trained a few hours a week to prepare for National testing, and she really could have used a bit more time.

Anyway, making it to National Testing was a great experience! If she is fortunate enough to make it again next year she (and her coach and parents) will know better what to expect and hopefully be more prepared!

Congrats to all the wonderful girls (and their parents) who made A and B Teams!

We got the call this afternoon. My DD missed camp by 1 point. I actually am surprised that it was that close since she missed some key things during testing she normally does well at. We are very proud she made it this far. She only started conditioning for Tops in June and tested the end of July and made it to national testing. She will be competing level 7 this year. She has moved through the levels really quickly we are just trying to keep up.
Congrats to all that made camp this year. They have worked really hard. Keep up the good work.

Well, we still haven't heard a thing. I think that in this case no news is NOT good news. Oh well, we knew it was a long-shot. TOPS is new to DD's gym, and we didn't really know what to expect. DD only trained a few hours a week to prepare for National testing, and she really could have used a bit more time.

Anyway, making it to National Testing was a great experience! If she is fortunate enough to make it again next year she (and her coach and parents) will know better what to expect and hopefully be more prepared!

Congrats to all the wonderful girls (and their parents) who made A and B Teams!

Didn't they say they went alphabetically? We haven't heard and we are in the middle of the alphabet? Maybe the same case for you especially since it looks like most have gotten call regardless if they have/haven't made it. So I think you still have a call coming like we do.

We haven't heard and we are in the middle of the alphabet. But my DD's teammate is near the beginning of the alphabet. Maybe it's alphabetically by gym?

OK...I'm new to this and based on my propensity to analyze numbers I can't sit on the sidelines any longer. It was my impression that TOPS state and national testing was out of 200 total points. Is that correct? Can anyone share what their daughters actual score was who made the A or the B team? OR can someone share their daughters score that missed the cut off? I'm trying to put this together because I was told by my daugther's coach that she did a little better at nationals then at state and I was told she scored a 170 at state. We haven't been notified of anything.

Does anyone know from past experiences if an A camper doesn't attend do they move up B campers to A?

No they don't replace A campers. They are officially the National TOPS team and are set. The b camp is filled up when people drop out. A lot of people used to drop out because of the expense of b camp. I remember a friend telling me that over 2/3 of the national testers went to / or were offered camp by the time they worked through the declines for b camp. I don't know if that is accurate though.

We were around 186 at states age 9 My daughter made B team. Missed A by 3/10 point. I believe she was 85.9 at ranch.

The scores are now out of 100 (the adjusted total). There are 72 points for PA. They will need to become 30/40/50% of total adjusted points based on age. There are 40 skills points that will need to become 70/60/50% based on age. Does that make sense?

Does anyone know from past experiences if an A camper doesn't attend do they move up B campers to A?

I thought during the parent meeting Kim Riley said they would move a B camper to A if an A declined. Maybe I misunderstood.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back