Parents TOPs National Testing 2013

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Higgsgirl

Proud Parent
This weekend was our first ever National TOPs testing at the ranch. I have to say it was a great learning experience for my daughter. Truly an amazing experience overall. Now we wait to find out if she did well enough to make Team A or Team B. Keeping fingers crossed bc she can't wait to back.
On another note, it was a great experience for the parents. We met some amazing moms that were very helpful in answering a million of our questions :)
Wish we knew how to calculate the PA scores so we could come I with a total.

Would love to know where our daughter fell in the mix as well. She tested as 9 year old. Finished today. :) did everyone see a lot of 9's or 10's or 8's or ..... (7's/6's). Just wondering the norm.

We tested as a 10 year old and had mostly high 8s on routines. We were told there were much lower scores than that but I'm sure there were also much higher scores than that also.

How exciting for all of you! A 10-year old from Little A's gym was there, too. My little one, nearly 4 and passionate about gymnastics already, loves watching the "big girls" training before her class starts--they are all an inspiration.

According to our coaches, to get a great score on the sprint, you needed under 3 seconds. Only one or two of our girls did it under 3 seconds for 9 year olds.

They did add the sprint again. They also added leg kicks and holds in order to test flexibility and got rid of the splits. My 9 year old daughter just tested. I think she did ok, had some mistakes, but definitely did better than last year. At this point we really are hoping for B camp.

Sprints and Flex Kicks are now only at National testing. Saw some amazing gymmies. I had a 10 yrold and two 8yrolds test..

My 9 year old tested too. What an amazing experience! We met some great parents and loved the grounds. I wish the weather would have held up better though.

My 8 yo tested. The whole experience was great, and I met some fantastic parents. My DD had fun, especially seeing the camels and the crazy experience with the tree in the road on Sunday morning!

I know it varies year to year but does anyone know (in the past) what cut off scores were. Just wondering if we have a fighting chance. :)

I think the A team was around 132-133 and the B was around 124. The skills and abilities scores are weighted differently based on age. The rope and sprint will be based on the times turned in by the girls.

I believe they said in the meeting at the ranch that they would notify coaches first and then post it a couple days later on the website. Kim Riley also stated it would probably be last week in October before she'd get a list out.

The maximum points you could get in physical abilities was 60. 10 pts max on split, lifts. casts. presses, handstands and rope climb. Max on skills was 40 pts. They combined the dance and acro scores on floor and beam into one score. I think that these numbers were then multiplied by the factor (1.33 for abilities and 1.66 for skills.) Does that make sense?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back