Parents TOPs National Testing 2013

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I thought during the parent meeting Kim Riley said they would move a B camper to A if an A declined. Maybe I misunderstood.....

From what I have heard no B's go to A .. But those who didn't make B may move up to B if B's don't attend.

My recollection from the meeting is the same as Clover's. I thought Kim said they would move up from B camp to A camp.... That they wanted full camps. That is also what I recall her saying last year. Good Luck to all still waiting to hear!

My recollection from the meeting is the same as Clover's. I thought Kim said they would move up from B camp to A camp.... That they wanted full camps. That is also what I recall her saying last year. Good Luck to all still waiting to hear!

That would be cool for us bc I think our daughter was right on the cusp of 50

So, we did hear last night that DD missed B camp by "a few points". I know that is not nearly as close as some of you, but I do wonder if she may have a chance after the declines take place. Is there a deadline for when girls must accept the A or B camps?

Our gym starts with a G and we got email Thursday. Our coach never got a phone call. Our coach got a 2nd email yesterday that explained information will go out next week and there will be a quick acceptance time for B campers bc they will need to fill the spots for B campers if some decide not to go. Nothing said about A campers. So looks like they only fill the spots of B campers. Hope this info helps.

Wish my daughter could get to know some 10 year old B campers before the camp to lift some anxiety or her

And the email also said she'd contact the clubs as spaces come available. She will not provide a wait list.

Wish my daughter could get to know some 10 year old B campers before the camp to lift some anxiety or her

I have a 9-year-old going to B camp. And one of our 10-year-olds is less than 2/10's away, so she may have a pretty good chance of going after the declines.

Is there a way to private message on this forum, Higgsgirl? Maybe our girls could get to know each other before they go to camp through Facetime or texting?

They have never moved a B camper off the list to A ..the A camp is fully paid by USAG and the B camp is funded by the campers so it would be in USAG's interest to have a full B camp...so that's why they contact girls in the queue for B camp to fill those spots until the camp is "full"...

I thought during the parent meeting Kim Riley said they would move a B camper to A if an A declined. Maybe I misunderstood.....

They didn't used to but I suppose it might be a new system. National team campers only decline through injury usually as it is funded.

Does anyone know if they have invited alternates to B camp?

Yes, Jeca, my daughter was invited to camp B. She originally missed the camp by less than 2/10s. Does anyone know if they will be updating the list on the website? I would really like her name to appear on the list. Also, if anyone has any info to share about the B camp, that would be great. What to expect? What the girls do while there? Do they do physical ability testing?

I don't remember them updating the B list when they added kids so I don't know that you'll see her name on any list

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back