Parents TOPs testing .. how's it going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is my 10 year olds first time testing and will have two tests after tomorrow. First she did ok. She maxed out on everything in PA buts falls short in handstand hold and presses. Perfect score on beam and some obtainable points left on other skills. She has only been training since June as our gym doesn't have a TOPs program. I'm so nervous for her. Any advice?
No advice, except just hang in there. You have no control of what can happen at testing. Then you get to enjoy and wait for the lovely list of qualifiers to come out sometime this month. Best of luck on her next testing!

It sounds like she did really well. As a 10 year old her skills are weighted more than the physical abilities. Congratulations and best of luck on her next tests. We tested for the first time as well. Again tomorrow as a 10 year old. Although dad is 9.
Good luck to her! I'm clueless to any of this! I'm wondering what is considered a good score,

Traditionally for 10 year olds your DD would need to score in the mid 80's.. but things could always change !
Tested yesterday and made some improvements! 42 PA and 77 skills. I have no idea what that means or how she fairs in comparison. I know it's weighed 60/40 and if I did calculations correct she's about an 89...anyone know how this works?

Tested yesterday and made some improvements! 42 PA and 77 skills. I have no idea what that means or how she fairs in comparison. I know it's weighed 60/40 and if I did calculations correct she's about an 89...anyone know how this works?
You can figure it like this (42 x .645) +(77 x .65) =score

I did the math and with the new vault scoring this year those are correct, so a 77...anything else I'm completely clueless to. How do they come up with the cut off score?
Lol cut off score is girl #100's score. I live in a state where it's a shroud of secrecy.. we aren't allowed to watch testing, we know nothing as to how they score.. until the list comes out.. stinks!

My coach sent me the work sheets but for the rope climb It was not scored just time and faults so hard to figure it out. She a 10 year old and for skills looks like she hit 95 percent but for Physical Abilities I can't figure it out and it's killing me! She was told we should know national cut offs by the 11th. Good luck everyone!

My coach sent me the work sheets but for the rope climb It was not scored just time and faults so hard to figure it out. She a 10 year old and for skills looks like she hit 95 percent but for Physical Abilities I can't figure it out and it's killing me! She was told we should know national cut offs by the 11th. Good luck everyone!
You can use the score sheets online to help figure it out.

How did you come up with the 95% on skills? I multiplied my DDs total skills score by the weighted amount of .65 to come up with 51. This is her first and only year to ever test, our gym doesn't have a TOPs program and to be how st our coach is pretty clueless too :(

The 95 percent on skills was her points as a percentage of the total points for skills. This is not her score. I did not have clarity on Physical abilities scoring so that 95 is in isolation. So waiting for her score. This is her second test. Her first test she achieved 94.3 although I did not see the worksheets for that session so I don't have 100 percent confidence that's correct.

The coach was told they will know by the 11th?! Much sooner than I anticipated!! Hope it's true!

The coach was told they will know by the 11th?! Much sooner than I anticipated!! Hope it's true!

That sounds too early. That gives less than a week for all scores to be sent in, tallied, and double/triple checked. I don't think they've ever been in that early.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back