Parents Tops testing results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

@3gymnasts you ar correct that it would put her in the top half at midpoint. The midpoint last year was roughly the same number. Unfortunately, a lot of gyms don’t even test for the first time until after the midpoint so there are a TON of girls that don’t even have 1 score in the midpoint scores for consideration. Last year the midpoint score ended up basically being around the cut off score.

I think it really will come down to how many kids test. From what’s I’ve heard anecdotally (how many kids at certain tests, etc.) I would guess that there are fewer kids testing this year, which would mean those with kids on the bubble might be in luck :) If there were 100 kids above the midpoint last year, but only 60 this year, then the cutoff should be much lower. We shall see!

@3gymnasts you ar correct that it would put her in the top half at midpoint. The midpoint last year was roughly the same number. Unfortunately, a lot of gyms don’t even test for the first time until after the midpoint so there are a TON of girls that don’t even have 1 score in the midpoint scores for consideration. Last year the midpoint score ended up basically being around the cut off score.
I think it really will come down to how many kids test. From what’s I’ve heard anecdotally (how many kids at certain tests, etc.) I would guess that there are fewer kids testing this year, which would mean those with kids on the bubble might be in luck :) If there were 100 kids above the midpoint last year, but only 60 this year, then the cutoff should be much lower. We shall see!
it will be interesting to see how it shakes out. Good luck to everyone!!

One of Puma Jr’s friends got an 88 (10 yr old) so we are hoping she makes it!! As far as I know, noone from our area ever has. Two gyms 90 minutes from here have kids regularly make it, but if anyone from Syracuse ever has I am unaware of it! Good luck to all!

It will definitely be interesting to see the results....I know Kim Riley posted that there were 450 kids testing this weekend. And I’m sure a lot of kids have already finished up testing...we did several weeks ago

Reactions: sce
It will definitely be interesting to see the results....I know Kim Riley posted that there were 450 kids testing this weekend. And I’m sure a lot of kids have already finished up testing...we did several weeks ago
Yes....I agree! The majority of our group is done with testing. We have one doing it this weekend because she was injured before.

My daughter is testing for the first time (ever) tomorrow. No one from our gym has tested yet. I’m not sure what to expect for her score- she has maxed on physical abilities and can do all her skills, but it will her her first time testing (so hopefully not too many nerves!)

My daughter is testing for the first time (ever) tomorrow. No one from our gym has tested yet. I’m not sure what to expect for her score- she has maxed on physical abilities and can do all her skills, but it will her her first time testing (so hopefully not too many nerves!)
Good luck!!! How old is she?

Good luck!!! How old is she?
Thank you! She is testing as a 9 year old (bday is 9/29.) She finished her first season competing as a bronze in May 2017, and wanted to have a chance to do tops since she learned about it. Last November she started training for TOPS with one press handstand up, and barely climbing the rope. I’m so proud of her. Last eval she made a 9/10 on casts, lost a couple points on kicks/holds, but made perfect on the rest of her physical abilities. She just learned her bar routines and floor in the last couple of weeks, but she says she is ready! She is so excited for her first ever test! (I am nervous for her!)

Thank you! She is testing as a 9 year old (bday is 9/29.) She finished her first season competing as a bronze in May 2017, and wanted to have a chance to do tops since she learned about it. Last November she started training for TOPS with one press handstand up, and barely climbing the rope. I’m so proud of her. Last eval she made a 9/10 on casts, lost a couple points on kicks/holds, but made perfect on the rest of her physical abilities. She just learned her bar routines and floor in the last couple of weeks, but she says she is ready! She is so excited for her first ever test! (I am nervous for her!)
That’s awesome! Sounds like she will do fine good luck!

We had 2 girls from our gym test as 10 year olds and one got a 98 and one got a 97. I think they are both headed for Indianapolis! When they are done with national testing our coach plans to have them start training HOPES right away with the plan to have them do a few qualifiers next year.

We had 2 girls from our gym test as 10 year olds and one got a 98 and one got a 97. I think they are both headed for Indianapolis! When they are done with national testing our coach plans to have them start training HOPES right away with the plan to have them do a few qualifiers next year.

Just curious, What level will these girls compete next year? There seems to be wide differences in which levels gyms have Tops/Hopes girls compete.

That’s awesome! Most of our 10
Just curious, What level will these girls compete next year? There seems to be wide differences in which levels gyms have Tops/Hopes girls compete.
Most of our girls are going level 8-9 for our 9 and 10 yr olds. And maybe a few will try hopes.

Kim said give her at least a week but I personally wouldn't be surprised if it is more towards the end of next week or later. Our coaches notified us but honestly we knew before that because we stalked the USAG website for when the list was posted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back