WAG Tops

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

justkeepswimming

Proud Parent
With all the changes currently happening with USA Gymnastics, is there less participation with the TOPS program? This is the first year my daughter is training and testing for TOPS, and it seems hardly anyone has posted or talked about it. I heard only 5 kids participated in the first test this year in our state, and very few at another test I heard about this past weekend. Is this typical? Do most kids wait and only test at the end of the summer? It seems the trend for the past few years is the cut off scores have slightly gone up each year - Is this year different?

Since TOPS is not necessary (for optionals or to qualify HOPES or elite), it may be something that gyms don't have time for, or coaches for, or want the hassle of doing. My dd's gym produces D1 athletes, elites, HOPES qualifiers, and state, regional, and national champions on all levels (I know, there are only national champions at lvl 9/10.) without doing TOPS. When we had it for a couple of years, not even the gymnasts that eventually qualified elite ever passed the test that I know of. (Maybe 1 or 2, but I don't think so.) Just a thought.

My daughter is in a TOPs group at her gym, but as far as I know none of the girls actually go and test. It's more just an extra 2 hours a week to work on strength and flexibility. The gym has many level 10s and has had elites in the past.

It is a social group, these are run as swaps rate groups from the main forums. They have moderators who approve new members. The Chalbucket admins do not deal with them, nor do the CB mods.
Sorry- moderator of the group, no admin. I am clueless on forum titles ;)

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back