Tracee Talavera?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

msl529

Does anyone know what happened to Tracee Talavera (1984 Olympic Silver Medalist on Beam)?

She actually used to coach at my DD's first gym in CA. She was the one who watched DD try out for pre-team, & said she'd be good there. DD loved her, she was really nice coach. However, soon afterwards, Tracee left the gym, rather abruplty. The rumor was she was getting married & having a baby. A few months later we heard she moved to FL.

Her dad 'Rip' actually also coached at DD's gym, and is still there to this day. When DD left that gym for another one in CA, she asked Rip about Tracee, but he didn't say much.

DD often asks about her and I just wish I could tell her more. :eek:

I tried to do a Google search for you but all I could come up with is her married name is Kent.

I tried to do a Google search for you but all I could come up with is her married name is Kent.
Thanks! You are clever! I was just curious, and as there are so many gymnastics buffs out there, I figured someone might know.

Well, wherever she is, I hope she's well!

Interestingly enough, I found her married name on a blog by Jennifer Sey defending her book. Here's the link if you're interested. Tracee had posted comments to the blog about halfway down the page: Jen Sey: Am I a liar?

Hi Proud Parent,

This is Tracee Talavera (now Kent). I did move to Tallahasse, Florida. I am married and have an almost 3 year old son. I work as a Paralegal here and with a family, I no longer have time to be involved in gymnastics. I do miss it, but it is time for me to raise my family!

Rip does still coach at GGG and as always, he enjoys working with all of the gymnasts.

I hope your curiosity has been cured. and good luck to DD.

Tracee

Thanks Tracee, it was such a surprise to see your post here! Great to hear you are doing well, I am so glad.

I will tell dd that you answered the post, and will let her know what you are up to. She'll be glad to know you are happy in FL, raising your boy, and enjoying family life.

Take good care of yourself! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back