Off Topic Track!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Track starts March 2nd at my school! I'm so excited! I'm definitely pole vaulting and I may do the 1 mile and the 2 mile. No sprints for me this year! haha.
So I know theres a lot of trackies on here

That's awesome!!!! I ran the mile and the 2 mile when I was in HS. They didn't have pole vaulting for girls back then LOL. Good luck and enjoy!!!

Back then in the stone-ages, MdGymMom?? haha.

I run the mile and 2 mile too, sprinting is for wimps! Haha j/k. Thats awesome though Rose, good luck! My season doesn't start for a few more weeks.

March 9th for us....I pole vault, triple jump, long jump, and do whatever else they need...namely the 100,200,400 relays. One time I ran the open 200 and didn't suck that bad.

march 2nd is my birthday! haha

our first practice is this saturday the 21st but we are building a track at our school.

our first real practice is 6 a.m. monday morning and then 330 to 530 after school monday tuesday wednesday thursday and friday morning at 6 am and 330 to 530 after school :p

im doing the 800 and 1600!!!

6 am before school? wow you guys are really intense.Me & some of my XC friends are starting to run after school to get in shape for track again. Yesterday we ran like a mile to the woods and played in them then ran back.. lol

I'm really excited because the coaches and I have been recruiting a whole bunch of people to pole vault...it'll be nice having people who don't annoy the crap out of me to practice with. Ok, so one girl didn't annoy me last year, but she got hurt and was out for 85% of the season. And also, it betters the girl to guy ratio. we were about 1:4 last year, and that means that the girls just get made fun of all the time. I've pretty much learned how to hold my own, but the possibility excites me.

Nice gracefulone. Hope it goes well recruiting...that's always fun.

I start my season in about two weeks. I'm very excited about it :)

I think everyone is pretty excited right now! Tomorrow's my last day of PV camp, and then I gear up for the real deal. My first meet for pv isn't until April 4th, though...because the other oens we're going to are either JV or don't have indoor pole vault.

My older sister was a gymnast as a freshman and then switched to track. She did high jump and was awesome!!!! She was so tiny but man could she jump!!!

I did gymnastics in middle school and then switched to cross country and track in HS. I love the long distance events! Cross country was awesome!! The only bad thing about cross country is that I have no sense of direction and at a Regional meet I got lost on the course...I came in 2nd....URRRRGGG!!!

It stinks you took second. I would have also gotten lost, I'm pretty sure, so don't feel too bad about that. ;)

I was just watching my bf at sectionals (wrestling) trying to get to state...he didn't, and it got me so pumped up for my season when I make the attempt at state. I have to say though, I was waaay more nervous than he was,which doesn't exactly bode too well for me later on.

I wish we started March 2nd! I don't even know why I am so excited for the first day...we always do a 20-minute run with the whole team. That Friday, we do a pool workout and a pizza party (with guitar hero!). And we always have Saturday practices for the first month. I can't help it. I love track!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back