Training in the U.S while on holidays..

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ruby&jack

Proud Parent
Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone has had their girls train in the USA while being on holidays and where they did it..
We will be in the US for 4 weeks next August and going from LA to Vegas.
Many girls from our gym tend to train while away in the states, while I hadn't really thought about it before I am now considering it as I know how hard it is for them to get back into it after being away from the gym for so long.
My 8 year old DD is in international stream and currently trains 22-23 hours a week but they then will be training 25+ hours so I'm considering looking at gyms for some some training while away just to keep her strength up and looking at it as a great opportunity.

If anyone has any recommended gyms in the US or has done this with their child, I would love some feedback.

Thanks!!

You have probably thought of this already but I will post it just in case. Make sure your travel insurance will cover any training injuries she might have. Get it in writing if you can. You do not want to be stuck with a U.S. medical bill while your insurance looks for a way out of having to pay up.

You have probably thought of this already but I will post it just in case. Make sure your travel insurance will cover any training injuries she might have. Get it in writing if you can. You do not want to be stuck with a U.S. medical bill while your insurance looks for a way out of having to pay up.
I hadn't actually give that much thought to be honest. Obviously we'll have travel insurance but to what extent, i"m unsure! Thanks, will defiantly look into that further..

Hi there!

Just wondering if anyone has had their girls train in the USA while being on holidays and where they did it..
We will be in the US for 4 weeks next August and going from LA to Vegas.
Many girls from our gym tend to train while away in the states, while I hadn't really thought about it before I am now considering it as I know how hard it is for them to get back into it after being away from the gym for so long.
My 8 year old DD is in international stream and currently trains 22-23 hours a week but they then will be training 25+ hours so I'm considering looking at gyms for some some training while away just to keep her strength up and looking at it as a great opportunity.

If anyone has any recommended gyms in the US or has done this with their child, I would love some feedback.

Thanks!!

If you tell s general area... Ex: Vegas or LA that you would like to have her train... I can give you a few names of top gyms. Hope you have a great trip.

Sent from my

I am 45 minutes from downtown LA. There are a lot of good gyms in LA try LA School of Gymnastics, Broadway Gymnastics or All Olympia Gymnastics (Where McKayla Maroney trains; they also have two locations). There is also Gym Max in Costa Mesa (Kyla Ross's gym she still trains there). UCLA also has a camp program and a class program throughout the summer.

It really depends what part of LA you are going to be in though, because you can't get anywhere quickly (even if Google maps says its 2 miles away).

LA also has a bunch of hiking trails to run on for extra conditioning, though it most likely will be hot. A hike to the Hollywood sign is relatively easy. There is also the beach and a few hidden waterfalls. In nearby areas.

We will be staying close to Disneyland and when in Vegas we'll be in the heart of Vegas.
Any great gyms 30 mins away?

I would definitely consider All Olympia one of the great ones. In Vegas, Brown's produced Tasha Schweikert, but I don't think they've had an elite for a while. I'm sure they're still good though. Vitaly Scherbo's in Vegas is great for boys. I don't know what their girls team is like though.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back