Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Training routine structure help

zazas321

Gymnast
Dec 17, 2019
Country
United Kingdom
Hello fellow gymnasts. Used to do gymnastics myself when I was way younger a lot. Now for the last 4 years been trying to get back to it as much as possible. I can still do some basic skills that I have learned at young age - straddle planche, various handstand routines, pirouettes. I am trying to structure my training week properly to gain as much strength as possible without gaining too much muscle ***. My end goal would be to reach iron cross.
Little bit about me:
Height: 179cm
Weight: xX

Could someone give me a hand or some tips to put some structure into my training days?
I usually stretch and work on some skills for the first 30min to an hour. Then I move on to conditioning excersises which is my main concern.

Should I swap between endurance and strength training every training day?
For example my strength training day may look like:
- 4 sets 5 handstand push ups with weight vest 4
- 30 sec handstand hold
- 4 sets 3-4 straddle planche push ups
- 4 sets 5 straddle to handstand press

- 4 sets jumping squats

and various core excersises at the end.

This strength routine focuses mostly on handstand and planche strengh, some days I would swap some excersises to train more for victorian/iron cross.

My endurance training day would be somewhat simmilar instead I would aim for 15 or more reps for each excersise for example:
- 3 sets 10 handstand
- 3 sets 15 pull ups
- 3 sets 20 dips
- 3 sets 8 muscle ups
- 3 sets chin up front levers 10 reps
and of course more core and some leg conditioning

Can someone give me some tips on my training routines? Should I involve more circuit or HIT training on either strength or endurance days?
Thanks for all replies in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: