Training Schedule for Level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi,

I am wondering what the training schedule is like for your level 4. I am trying to see how different places break it out. We go 3 days for 3 1/2 hours per day. Two weekdays and Sat. We also have TOPs for 3 hours on Saturdays. We just had our first Sat with Level 4 and Tops. I am worried that it might be too much so I am trying to see other gyms do.

Thanks.

Most gyms around here go 3-4 days a week in level 4 for 3-4 hours. So generally between 9-16 hours per week.

My dd is Level 4 and she trains for 11 hours a week, 3 days a week (Tues, Thur & Sat). Our gym offers USAG Levels Pre-Team through 10 and MDL (Mason Dixon league) Levels 4 through D. We do not have a TOPS program.

DD trains from 4-8 on Tuesday and Thursday and from 4-7 on Friday for L4. L5 trains the same schedule and L6 adds another day. We don't have TOPs.

Our gym has two different training groups for level 4, one group goes Mon-Wed from 4-7 (6 hours as week), one group goes Tues-Thurs 5-8, and Fri 4-7. The Friday is mandatory for 6 of the 17 level 4's and optional for the other girls. The group that it is mandatory for are the girls that trained for 6 hours as level 3, the rest of the girls either are newe to level 4 or trained 4 hours a week as level 3. There is also an optional practice on Saturdays from 9-12. Our gym also requires ballet for all team kids, so DD has 45min of ballet on Friday nights after practice.

Barb

Our level 4's train Mon and Thurs from 4:30-8, and on Sat from 12-4

My DD trains Tuesday & Thursday 5-8:30pm and Saturdays 12:30-4pm for a total of 10.5 hrs/week

While we do have TOPS built into our regular training time, our gym did try a TOPS team this year with some selected girls doing some additional hours (maybe 2-3 I think). My DD wants to be on the TOPS team for next year but with going to L5 in Jan, I am not sure she could handle the add'l hours and not sure I could handle the extra $$$, LOL

The level 4's at our gym go 3 days a week for 3.5 hours. We don't do tops either.

My DD is a L4 and she goes MW 4-7p and Fs 4-8p, so 10 hours a week. None of our levels practice Saturdays, which I love. No TOPS currently, but they do incorporate some of the TOPS stuff into training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back