Training.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi, I asked this similar question on the other board as I didn't know there was an Aussie one. I'm worried my daughter isn't training enough hours a week. She's NDP level 2 and does 3.5hours per week but as our gym is shared they quite often have to miss training sessions bringing her hours down even more. Has anyone got any advice/suggestions of what I could do to increase her hours?
Thanks in advance

My dd is ndp2 also and she does 6 hours a week over 3 days.

I think it's been mentioned here before of 4-6 hours being average for ndp2.

Is it feasible to change gyms?

We only have one gym and the next one is 600km away. Not many options I know! Thanks for replying. If everyone else seems to be doing more hours I might try mentioning it to the head coach.

Around here 6-9 hours is the norm for ndp 2 - with most gyms requiring 3 sessions a week for ndp2. Though my little one is only doing 5.
Sounds like they can't get the gym time to train more if you are having to miss some sessions too.
I'm assuming you are country - maybe the norm is less there? Can you see what other clubs that you would be competing against at Country championships are doing?
Worth mentioning to your coach you might get more hours - you never know if you don't ask.

Hi there - my daughter has 1 more comp to go level 2!! she is very excited - she trains 3x a week 9 hours hr sessions - i think next year level 3 it goes to 12 hours a week...

we were at country champs in nsw September - Tamworth are amazing and take it out every year...
Hi, we are in Sydney, about to go into level 2 and we do 2 x 3hr sessions/week.
At worth did really well, I had the pleasure of watching them at the State Club Championships in Rooty Hill in Sept, they did so well! How many hours training do they do??

Rachel - Not sure how many hours they train - we were there at rooty hill for club state - i have a SMALL brag!! have to share - my DD team came 2nd on the floor (to Tamworth) on that day - and there are only 3 girls in our team!!! - so no fall back they only take the top 3 scores in each team!! - we are a very very small club so it was truely amazing to watch them stand on the podium at all that day!! - I usually DONT brag - but i kind of know on here peeps will understand - getting anywhere close to Tamworth is an amazing effort!

we are off to Rooty hill this saturday for Regional Champs. have to be there at 0815..

That really is plenty for the types of skills being trained in NDP 2. Many competitions will divide the girls into divisions based on the number of hours that train so she may very well just be competing against kids who do a similar number of hours to her.

Aussie Coach- what state are you from?
in NSW there seems to be no division with comps of how many hours you train - just on age - junior/inter/senior.

As well as Tamworth, Bunnerong (?) always do well at state clubs - I have no idea where they are but assume country.

Ozgymie, Aussie coach is QLD, they don't do state stream so maybe do ndp differently to how we do.

LOL oh well, geography was never my strong point. I'd always made an assumption on that one, lol, I think I'd even decided where it was approximately.

We are in WA and are girls are always competing against other clubs whose gymnasts do way more hours than ours. We have 1 level 6 girl who does 11 hours per week where as her opposition train 20 hours per week. I think country areas have a disadvantage but that's just how it is I guess. We don't have a gym so must share our local schools.

we are regional!! as i look at it the country kids seem to do WAY more hours than the city kids.... when you go to comps - the country girls and some regional usually take it out... that is NSW. I wonder why some clubs choose to do the hours they do.. my dd wil be 12 hours next year for level 3 and i think that is about as much as i could ever take... but i know it gets way up there as they move along.

Yes! I am from QLD. We do not have a state stream just the national stream and international stream. Level 1-3 comps here are divided by hours more often than not. Level 1 novice training 2 hours or less, level 2 novice training 4 hours or less and level 3 novice training 6 hours or less. If they train more than that they go in the competitive division.

All this competitive gymnastics has happened quite quickly to our family but sharing info from our situation. Our 7 yr old daughter has just started doing NDP2 today and she will be doing 9 hrs of training over 3 days. Quite a change from her previous I club level 1 training which was 2.5 hrs on a Saturday! But I know she will absolutely love it.

Welcome mrsc

Ok so regional state today - I found out how many hours tamworth train and it's 9

And also found out another club level two train 21 a week !!!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back