Tramp and Tumbling

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

All Chalked Up

Coach
Gymnast
Sometimes during our artistic gymnastics classes our coach gets us on the trampoline. My coach told that I have some really nice skills on trampoline and that I should I try it. I do have to pay for it with my own money if I try it, so would it be worth trying out a session of tramp and tumbling + my regular artistic classes? Thanks!

Honestly, imo, trampoline should be being used in all artistic levels. It can be difficult to implement but should not be thrown out.

And it depends who is coaching the T&T, too often T&T is mainly for those who want to tumble and are in cheer.

That is not true at all. T&T is a real sport that takes a lot of work and skill just like artistic. I went from artistic to T&T so I know that. Trampoline is completely different than tumbling, just like beam and bars are different in artistic. I love T&T and I love gymnastics in general, I just found my home in T&T

I'm biased (T&T coach) but I think it's always worth trying at some point.

A lot of current artistic athletes find it fun & useful, and lots of former artistic gymnasts transition over & are very successful. Only you can decide if it's where you want to spend your money, but flying is awfully great.

THe Canadian T&T programme is pretty cool and you can easily qualify to Easterns within a short space of time. If you can afford it, give it a try my DD was doing it this year and really enjoyed what she was doing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back