Off Topic Trampoline and handspring 180

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

henrik541

Gymnast
Hi! First of all I am really proud to say that I learned this Thursday (on my own) the front handspring with an half twist after hand support! Now I just lack to know it's name, cause I know that the same skill with a full twist is called a mostepanova, right?

Also, I bought yesterday a 8 inch trampoline and it's manual advises to not do any flips. I found this odd cause I don't see much more uses for a trampoline, right? Did this happen to you? Should I take it serious? It's not like I'm trying to do fulls or pikes, it's just a front tuck but my Mom is kinda reluctant.

Please help me with these questions.

Last edited:
Listen to your mom. You shouldn't be doing anything at home with out coach supervision and proper equitment!!!!!! The use for the trampoline is to do jumps on like straight,tuck,pike, straddle ect. If you find no use for it now I say you should return it.:cool:

Listen to your mom. You shouldn't be doing anything at home with out coach supervision and proper equitment!!!!!! The use for the trampoline is to do jumps on like straight,tuck,pike, straddle ect. If you find no use for it now I say you should return it.:cool:

Actually return it is kinda out of question. :cool:
It's really funny to jump on it and I'm not afraid of trying front flips and straddles and stuff, but I will definitly not do back flips or difficult stuff, don't worry. :)

About the new skill, I really would like to know it's name.

Hmm... A fronthandspring with a half twist after hand support isn't in the code of points (men's or women's; I knew downloading them would come in handy one day!). A fronthandspring with a full twist after hand support is a C (doesn't say the name). It sounds really cool though, maybe you should go to Worlds and have it named after you! j/k

Yeah, I checked in the Men's code of points but I didn't download the Women's.
I'd love to go to Worlds but I don't do artistic, I do acrobatics and tumbling, but I hope someday I can go to USA and maybe compete in Vault and Floor. It would be sooo awesome to have a skill named by me, but I find it difficult. :(

Umm, I'm guessing it is an 8 foot trampoline, not an 8 inch one, because I don't think you could even really jump on an 8 inch one...but I know that I wouldn't be afraid to do anything that I had down consistantly at the gym. I would definitly not do anything you wouldn't do at the gym or that you didn't have down consistantly, but I don't see anything wrong with doing something you are confidant with. Good luck and be safe!!!

Edit: If it is an 8 inch trampoline then I would not flip on it, and even if it is an 8 foot trampoline I would be much more comfortable flipping if it had a net

Last edited:
Thanks, you're right it's an 8 ft, I didn't notice. Thanks, I will take your advice. The trampoline does have a net but I just didn't set it up yet. Thanks, I won't to do anything that I don't feel confidant with. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back