Parents Trampolines???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've spent a lot of time over the past 2 years saying NO to the requests (begging) for a trampoline by my kids. Now I'm warming up to the idea.

Anyone want to share an opinion? Good, bad or otherwise, I'm looking for advice.

If you have one and feel it's a good idea, could you also share what kind you have?

Thanks for ANY opinions:)

Canadian Gym Mom

By the way we have a capsule shaped spring free one from Costco. Kids love it. I am very strict with the access. Don't have to take it down in the winter, yay!

We have a trampoline and have not had any problems. Ours is about 14' in diameter and we do have the net that zips closed, too. We also make sure the kids are careful, take turns when doing any kind of flips and no one wears shoes. We're also careful about how many can be on at once and don't let too many big ones on with the small ones.

We have a big rectangle trampoline with the net enclosure - truthfully - it is the best purchase we ever made. All 3 of my kids are out there constantly. Since we have fairly mild winters it is up year round. My kids are out there regardless of temperature - they even jump when it is raining. I even have fun playing on it, lol.

We had hesitations about purchasing one as well, but ended up getting it. My kids (7 years old at the time) loved (and still love) it. We have the net to enclose it and we have a rule that only 1 child at a time can play on it and the others must be on the ground (not sitting around the edge). We have not had any injuries and the kids have had a blast. My dd uses it to practice skills (back tuck, twisting). Her coach used to give her directions on the tumble trax of what she could do and they she would work on it on her own. It has been great for our family and the kids love it!

Thanks for putting this out here. DH finally agreed to get one for DD for her birthday this month. I was really suprised about the vast array of the prices. We went middle of the road and got a 14 foot one with an enclosure. I picked it up Sunday and it is hidden so DD doesn't have an idea. Now to start coming up with the rules.

Thanks for putting this out here. DH finally agreed to get one for DD for her birthday this month. I was really suprised about the vast array of the prices. We went middle of the road and got a 14 foot one with an enclosure. I picked it up Sunday and it is hidden so DD doesn't have an idea. Now to start coming up with the rules.

Where on earth did you hide a 14 foot trampoline????:eek:

My rules are...

Rules are:-
One person at a time on tramp, no matter what.
Stick to bouncing if you have never been coached in other skills.
Our tramp is not the place to try a new "trick".
No one under the tramp ever!!!
Close the safety net.
Do not hang off the sides.
No shoes.
Parental supervision, always.
No bouncing in the snow! Too hard to bounce with boots on!

I also posted about this subject previosly and deciceded to get one a large rectangle with safety net.my dd just turned 8 and is one that takes advantage of spotting until her coach tells her to go for it so I am not worried about her trying anything that she does not already do well at the gym.There is going to be rules like the one bogwopit posted and also I will check with the friends parents ahead of time and get a stop watch so they wont be fightning over how long each have gone we have 5 neighborhood kids that come down at once.and friends cannot do any flips period.She is so excited it was on back order so I should get it in another week.I live in Fl so it can be used year around.

Our rules are the same!! Well exept the snow since we take it down in the winter to make a ice rink!!
Tho the main rule we have is if a rule is broken the tramp comes down!!!
we also have a pool in the summer so they cannot go on the tramp when wet!! (there suits can be damp but not WET!! LOL)

Where on earth did you hide a 14 foot trampoline????:eek:

My rules are...

Rules are:-
One person at a time on tramp, no matter what.
Stick to bouncing if you have never been coached in other skills.
Our tramp is not the place to try a new "trick".
No one under the tramp ever!!!
Close the safety net.
Do not hang off the sides.
No shoes.
Parental supervision, always.
No bouncing in the snow! Too hard to bounce with boots on!

We tried the timer thing the first summer, it was a huge pain. So now, if there is a gang over, we use bounces. Usually it's either 10 or 20 bounces per turn.

I do get on and popcorn the kids one at a time, that is such fun. The only time more than one person is allowed on the tramp too.

Tramps are great for camping out too, watching the stars is great from it too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back