WAG transformation Tuesday - Ragan Smith beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
it just came up on my FB feed. 2015 P&G. not sure how I missed her beam routines last year.
Wow! Is that counted as a layout full on beam? dd thought just a tuck but she definitely extends to a layout.

Definitely not a tuck. I would assume whether or not it should get layout credit would depend on her body position parallel to the beam. When I pause the video, she is clearly piked while inverted, but to my eye in real speed it looks somewhat closer. I'm 99% sure they would give it as a pike though. It's still amazing to do it any which way. A true standing layout full would be hard off a beam surface for a female gymnast,

I adore watching her beam and floor routines. Would love to see her go to Rio. I'm sure it's going to be tough competition though with so many talented seniors and so many juniors that just moved up to senior. I love Laurie Hernandez too, she's so full of personality on floor.

From what I've heard, it is a layout full with a shape deduction because there is not a pike full in the COP. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though - whatever it is, she makes it look easy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back