Parents Travel Meets Next Year?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Anyone gotten inklings of where they might be going next year for meets? Our team usually does two travel meets a year--this year was Florida (Tampa) and Iowa (Chow's Rising Stars). Next year the rumor is our HC is looking at California and going back to the Chicago Style meet (we all love that one).

And Beth will be a level 8, so we'll hopefully be going to Regionals in Kansas City.

Hey Cathiann,

This year we went to Chows, Chicago Style and Milwaukee's Harley Meet. And now heading to Regions in the Dells (thankfully) But man oh man did it put some stress on the pocket book!

Next year we are talking 2 meets. Florida's Magical Classic. And either Chicago or Milwaukee. We are all hoping for Milwaukee since it is less expensive than Chicago.

This year the optional girls went to Florida (something in Disney) and the level 5 and ups went to NJ for a 'Cure for cancer" meet in Jan. (just after new years) Other than that we stay in our own state of NH and a few meets in the New England States within 2-4 hours from the gym.

I know the HC is looking at meets, but he's not dropping any hints right now. He said he talks with other coaches about good/bad meets they've been to, considers how well run etc. the meets were that we went to this past season and dates since he doesn't like optionals doing meets back to back(at least 2 weeks in between). I really hope we stay away from meets in Fl(no offense to those of you in the Sunshine state)---its just its a whole day of travel each way and the kids are really wiped out by the time they get home.

Our compulsory teams only compete in state.

We never know until about October what travel meets are on the schedule. We do two out of state meets. One always seems to be Florida but not the same meet and the other switches all around. One year was Texas,the next Cancun, then NC. We can choose to do both or one of them or none but they are generally during our coldest months so i'm happy to at least do one.:)

There's been talk about the one in Las Vegas, I think it might be the Lady Luck meet. We will probably start hearing more towards the end of summer. I am hoping it is warm, where ever we go. We got real lucky this yr being in Chicago in Feb, I think it was like close to 60 degrees and we were able to walk everywhere - I doubt we'd get that lucky again next time if we went back.

There's been talk about the one in Las Vegas, I think it might be the Lady Luck meet. .

Granny Smith - our Gym has done this meet a couple times, Beetle and I have never gone.. I didnt really want to bring a 10 year old to Vegas.. But now that she is older I would probably go. The girls that went really enjoyed it.

Funny. I really would like to go to the Las Vegas meet because I want to go to the Grand Canyon. I figure if I'm out there for a meet, I could tack on 3/4 days and go the Grand Canyon. But, I would only go to a meet out there if we did not have to come home and do another meet the following weekend. That killed us this yr with Chicago, especially me, I was so wiped that week and then for her to have to compete again - she wasn't too thrilled about it, she needed a break.

When we (dh & I) asked the kids if they wanted to go the Grand Canyon for a family vacation - they looked at us and said, no, we want to go back to Disney. We go there every yr, if not more than once a yr. I thought we could branch out, but I guess they are not ready yet. ;)

Granny Smith - our Gym has done this meet a couple times, Beetle and I have never gone.. I didnt really want to bring a 10 year old to Vegas.. But now that she is older I would probably go. The girls that went really enjoyed it.

We dont' go out of state yet. We are a new gym and only have up to L5 this year, up to L6 this year. Our coach thinks it is too much money to spend at this point. She wants to stay local. We do have a couple of big meets in our area, so we will probably do 1 or 2 of them. When they reach optional, they will probably do 1 within the region until they are L9-10. That's ok with me. Last gym we went to Disney for a meet. It was a blast, but definately costly!

Next year we are talking 2 meets. Florida's Magical Classic. And either Chicago or Milwaukee. We are all hoping for Milwaukee since it is less expensive than Chicago.

We may be going to the Magical Classic too! Definitely the optional levels, but maybe they would allow lower levels to go if they parents want to take them...Little Monkey "should" be moving up to L6 and big DD will repeat L8. We're also planning on Parkettes the wkend before Disney, but that is "local" to us not even a 2 hr drive.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back