Parents Travelling to meets

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Travel meets can be such fun. I look at it as my daughter likely will not be elite and travel the world with her sport, but she can travel her country/state where she's at now. We usually do one travel meet, and then regionals and nationals. This last season it meant Las Vegas during the regular season. DD not going would have meant missing out on an amazing meet, the ability to watch international elite athletes, and time with her friends and teammates she'll never forget. If you have the means, I'd do it.

Thanks for all of the advice. We decided as a family we will not do this meet unless another family would be willing to take her. Even then I'm not sure she would want to go without us. She's 11 so it's a tough call. I found out the meet is optional anyways. Our gym has a requirement that a 35 must be met at one meet and additionally at state before she would move up. State is in December and this meet is in January. If she meets the requirements we would have less than a month to book a flight and prepare financially. We have lots of travel meets this year. If I was the coach/owner I would as well. If she makes regionals in xcel we will have to travel about 7-8 hours. I'm much more ok with that plus it's in May and near the gulf. It's a win win situation for all of us.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back