WAG trials meet up Friday 8th July - parade tickets giveaway

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

If anyone would like to participate in a Chalkbucket meet up before trials on Friday July 8th in San Jose please post in this thread.

How many will you be, and will you be bringing children?

The location is booked. We have the back terrace of the Poor House bistro, cajun food. Good music and literally a two minute walk to the SAP.

Time 3:30pm. Currently we have room for 30, I will check numbers a week out and confirm with them. SAP doors open at 4:30 for a 5:30 meet start time.

I will have the group name as The Chalkbucket, to make it easy to ask for the group. Not like I am telling you my real name. Haha!

http://www.poorhousebistro.com/

91 s Autumn Street, San Jose.

List of people currently in -
Bogwoppit
GymMonkeymomma
Chalkbowl
Geoffrey Taucer
Mrs Puma + 1
MLgymFam +2
JMACAZ + 2
Granny Smith + 1
Josie55
Short balding guy + 1 buff wife!

Maybes -
Fuzi + 1 adult
Committed + 1
Scanlri
Tbrov + 1 adult + 3
Gymmutti + 2

Last edited:
Yes! It would be me, another adult, said adult's two girls (12 and 14) and Puma Jr. If anything is going on Saturday, the older girls are willing to watch Puma Jr. Keep us posted! Thanks for organizing this :)

Yes! It would be me, another adult, said adult's two girls (12 and 14) and Puma Jr. If anything is going on Saturday, the older girls are willing to watch Puma Jr. Keep us posted! Thanks for organizing this :)

I'm said adult, and my girls would absolutely babysit Puma Jr- but.. We live about 35 mins or so from the venue, so it would be with kids if too close in time to the actual event and without kids at a separate time. Whew, that's sounded confusing! I'm looking forward to meeting more CBers!

I'm said adult, and my girls would absolutely babysit Puma Jr- but.. We live about 35 mins or so from the venue, so it would be with kids if too close in time to the actual event and without kids at a separate time. Whew, that's sounded confusing! I'm looking forward to meeting more CBers!
Thank you! I have met three CBers in "real life" and I'm psyched to meet more!

We are going to trails, but probably won't meet up, but does anyone know of any fun things to do Saturday? We are coming directly from the beach. Five am plane ride, yay!

I can't wait! My best friend and I are going as our senior trip!

Crap, I can't believe this, but I don't think I am going to be able to meet up! :( I will keep up with the thread though just in case. Rats.

There will be some fun activities outside the venue, before each day if trials, that my kids will not want to miss out on. So before will not work for me.

We are going to trails, but probably won't meet up, but does anyone know of any fun things to do Saturday? We are coming directly from the beach. Five am plane ride, yay!

What do you guys like to do? There is a fun science museum, The Tech, in San Jose very near the trials venue. Or if you will have a car, drive north an hour and spend the day exploring San Francisco. i.e., Golden Gate Bridge, Pier 39 etc.

There will be some fun activities outside the venue, before each day if trials, that my kids will not want to miss out on. So before will not work for me.

FYI San Jose informally calls itself Gymnastics City USA for trials and they plan fun stuff in conjunction with trials. Fri from 3-5 and Sunday 12-3. I believe there are also events on Saturday, though there is no competition that day. These activities are free. There is a Gymnastics City USA app available for download that has info on all that is going on.

Even if you don't have a car you could take the train up to San Francisco. The San Jose Diridon Station is walkable from the venue for Olympic Trials (essentially directly across the street). Takes about 1.5 hours to get from San Jose to San Francisco by train and it's a fairly walkable city and/or public transit friendly place.

I'm in for a meet-up. My husband may or not be able to attend depending on the final time that is decided :)

The Eyptology museum there is amazing. http://www.egyptianmuseum.org/ I went last trials and probably will go again.

I hear you, but if I planned it for after the event people would be wanting to rush back to hotels and home. Tough to find a time to fit. I do remember they had lots of stuff going on aimed at gymnasts, was a very fun atmosphere.

I am still not 100% sure how to make a meet up work location wise. But seeing the numbers will at least help try to plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: sce
I hear you, but if I planned it for after the event people would be wanting to rush back to hotels and home. Tough to find a time to fit. I do remember they had lots of stuff going on aimed at gymnasts, was a very fun atmosphere.

I am still not 100% sure how to make a meet up work location wise. But seeing the numbers will at least help try to plan.

I hear you on trying to find the right time and place. I do want to meet people but my kids have been looking forward to the whole trials experience for a year now.

Also, FYI to all the activities ate not ( or at least not last time) just geared towards gymnasts or kids. It was more Olympic themed. Some gymnast stuff but many other fun challenges. My dh had a lot of fun with it as well. We got some cool freebies too. There are also craft stations.

As for places to meet. Just across 87 from the venue are a ton of great restaurants. Amicis pizzeria and Old Spaghetti Factory would be good family friendly choices. Back-a-Yard Carribean is the best (note on this one, even if not used for the meet-up, eat here at some point. The food is fantastic) And for dessert, Cream. They make cookies and ice cream. You choose which cookie and ice cream flavor a for the most amazing ice cream sandwich.

Also, FYI to all the activities ate not ( or at least not last time) just geared towards gymnasts or kids. It was more Olympic themed. Some gymnast stuff but many other fun challenges. My dh had a lot of fun with it as well. We got some cool freebies too. There are also craft stations.

I particularly enjoyed the free yogourt. I like free food.

I might be up for something on Sat. Though my daughter is modeling leotards at a booth at congress and I'm sure a few others here are attending Congress, maybe we can still find a time to get some of us together that day.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back