5 fast steps on toes
high stretch jump
half turn on 1 foot
stride leap (split leap)
spin prep.
arabesque
forward roll
roundoff off end

any tips as to keep my calm and stay on the beam .....any lil tips in general as to how to wow the judges ????
thanks
gym-monkey:)

My coach always tells me to squeeze! It helps you balance and it will help you have better form (to impress the judges). Other than that, just try and stay calm and pretend it is just practice.

Just remember what practice is...

It's a time to condition your body to do what you want it to do, without ever thinking about it.

Use your training time wisely, and practice like a meet. So in a meet, it's just like practice :-D

on top of staying tight and stuff my coach always tells us to look confident (head up) and act like you are in charge of the beam.

For staying on the beam stay tight. One thing my coaches always say is that if you don't know if you legs are straight or your toes are pointed, they probably aren't because you can feel a difference. Some basic ways of staying on are sqaring your hips with the beam and after you do a skill make sure your arms are up by your ears. Also try not to stare at the beam.

For wowing the judges, look confident, don't stand there like your scared even if you are. Show them that you do know how to do the skill. Look like you're having fun and smile! Judges watch hundreds of routines every weekend, so you want to stand out and look like you are having a blast!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back