WAG Trouble with clear hips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi. I am a level seven gymnast, and I will be competing a bar routine with giants. However, I need a clear hip in the routine as well, whether on low bar or high bar. I am able to do clear hips, however can't seem to get them over horizontal. I don't think I'm dropping fast enough into the clear hip, or maybe I am not dropping with the right form. Do you have any suggestions? I would like to be able to open up my clear hips so that they are at least over horizontal, possibly even to handstand, so any feedback would be very helpful. Thank you!

There is this one drill that I do, I am a level 7 as well. If you have a t trainer or a small trampoline, take that and lower the bar. Jump a couple of times and get the cast in handstand or a few degrees below. Clear hip and shoot your legs up. It really helps me and my team mates. Glad if I am able to help!

We do lots of back extensions with the floor bar. Work on finishing in a hollow body position. If you have a strap bar I have my kids spend five minutes each practice working casting, clear hips, and giants.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back