DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

JBS

ChalkBucket Founder
Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Proud Parent
First off... here's the new forum... go there and register and start posting and help create it...

Now here's some background...

Back in 2013 I tried to start a new gymnastics forum for gymnastics fans as ChalkBucket really doesn't serve that purpose at all. The site didn't take off... but there were also still some pretty active sites back then. Here's some of the more memorable sites that were still around in 2013 (and some even older ones)...

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.02.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.10.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.32.22 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 4.42.53 PM.png

And even older sites (some of the members from these definitely merged into the others)...

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 3.57.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 3.49.39 PM.png

Today there are probably a few forums left out there somewhere... but most of the conversation has moved to Twitter... Facebook... and reddit. Anyways... if you're looking for that forum experience and you don't really feel like you fit in at ChalkBucket... check out gymnaverse.com.

Last edited:
And by the way... ChalkBucket is once again going strong. Stats here at this site are once again going up with no signs of stopping as we finally move towards the Olympics. The thing is... the Olympics don't drive participation the way you would think at ChalkBucket. The Olympics drive participation in gymnastics as a youth sport in general. The parents and coaches of these youth have questions... so they come here.

Glad to hear numbers are climbing. So many of my forums moved to Facebook over the years, and they really are not an equal substitute at all.

Reactions: JBS
Glad to hear numbers are climbing. So many of my forums moved to Facebook over the years, and they really are not an equal substitute at all.
No... I'm not a huge Facebook fan. I use it... but not as much as some people. Facebook makes it very easy to post and talk... there is very few barriers once you have an account.

Forum software gets outdated very quickly and and errors happen. This can stop new users and current users from logging in. Email issue prevent users from registering and retrieving their passwords... huge issue. This has happened at many forums... including here. We actually pay for a 3rd party email service to send emails from ChalkBucket now. Keeps our server from getting blacklisted like it did back in the day. Once a forum gets too far behind the updates... it's almost impossible to bring it back to current without some fairly good tech knowledge.

Last edited:
It was very difficult to find a good forum, plus an active one and one where they can help with advice. My parents often ask me about this, about support groups, but I didn't know what to answer before. I think this is important to a lot of people.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back