Parents Trying new gyms

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MILgymFAM

Proud Parent
Well, I posted awhile back that YDD was forced into retirement by our cross country move, and that sadly remains true. ODD is back from her month in Italy and is at her first tryout on the east coast right now. She has three artistic gyms and one rhythmic gym to try and I have my fingers crossed that one of them just feels right. As for YDD, she tries a dance studio tomorrow and I hope it's amazing- she's in quite the funk still.

Good luck to your odd! What happened to your younger? I missed it.

Good luck to your odd! What happened to your younger? I missed it.

Our new location doesn't have anywhere for her to compete, unfortunately. She is planning to dance higher hours, but she is incredibly bummed out and resisting anything new making her happy. We've had some other disappointments with the move so she's just a bit depressed.

Reactions: sce
Our new location doesn't have anywhere for her to compete, unfortunately. She is planning to dance higher hours, but she is incredibly bummed out and resisting anything new making her happy. We've had some other disappointments with the move so she's just a bit depressed.

I'm so sorry. Moving is hard, especially when it doesn't turn out as planned.

I hope she finds her joy soon.

Well it looks like ODD may have a new gym home. She did a four hour practice (while exhausted and jet lagged) and loved it. She originally went in for Xcel but they invited her to JO and she is taking the rest of the week to try the JO team, but she loved it. After a month off she lost some stamina but did manage to do her skills without balking or spots!

Well it looks like ODD may have a new gym home. She did a four hour practice (while exhausted and jet lagged) and loved it. She originally went in for Xcel but they invited her to JO and she is taking the rest of the week to try the JO team, but she loved it. After a month off she lost some stamina but did manage to do her skills without balking or spots!
That is AWESOME! I am so happy for her :)

That's great about your older daughter! Sorry your younger daughter is having a hard time. I totally relate, I was an army brat and moved at least 29 times, it just really hard. Hoping she finds something she loves. what about batons? What are her options?

That's great about your older daughter! Sorry your younger daughter is having a hard time. I totally relate, I was an army brat and moved at least 29 times, it just really hard. Hoping she finds something she loves. what about batons? What are her options?

She's not currently open to other options. I think she's in a grieving period of sorts. I gave her till our things arrive (we are living in an empty house currently) to give me one sport she is willing to try for one month. Any sport. There are a plethora of other activities in this area.

Does the dance studio have an acro option?

Not that I've noticed (of the two I've browsed so far). They're more ballet focused, so she's looking at ballet, pre pointe, lyrical, contemporary, jazz, leaps and turns, and stretching. She wants to take them all. Haha. The two she is trialing are pre pointe and jazz. I think one of the studios also offer one hip hop class (I *think*).

@MILgymFAM

I can't recall if you already commented on this. But my ds had to give up t&t and he was miserable until he found diving. It is so much like tramp, and he is still loving every minute of it. Has your ydd considered diving? Around here, it is climate controlled, cheaper than gymnastics and often aligned with school hours.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back