Trying rhythmic for a couple days!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

M

Mack_the_Ripper

There is no rhythmic in my state in the US, but I am in Europe right now on vacation and I am getting the chance to try it! I'm soooo nervous, but also excited! I went to the gym today and watched the advanced group learn their choreography and practice...they are extraordinary!

I will have a private to assess which class I should be in. I'm thinking beginner! I'm pretty flexible for an artistic gymnast, but my hand-eye coordination is not that great, soooo...the coach speaks some English so I'll manage.

I will update this after I go to the class.

Have fun! I wish we had rhythmic here...would love for my younger daughter to try it. Please be sure and post and let us know what it is like!

Wow, okay! Kind of a disappointment because I didn't get to learn any skills I don't already have except an elbow stand, arch over to stand and a chest stand on the floor, because they were pretty advanced and busy so I couldn't have a private. I did all my strength that I could do with no equipment, but stretching with them was really good!

We did lots of lying down kicks in the warm up, fast but with no weights, and yeah, oversplits on chairs. It wasn't that bad - I was surprised that I was about as flexible on my good leg as some of them, and the kneeling bridges, backbends, and bridges we did really opened up my back. I might go to another gym for a couple days when we get to another big city (in the mountains now, only hiking and mountain biking to be done!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back